Cams for Intro Prod class at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old November 15th, 2006, 10:01 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Cams for Intro Prod class

I've been asked by a local school to put together a proposal for equipment they would need to offer a intro class. I have many ideas here, but I'm posting to get ideas from others. I want to be able to get 8 cameras. They already are set for linear editing. I want to get 8 cams with stick mics, cam lights and tripods. I've been teaching for 13 years and have used many different cams in teaching over the years. Now, my first choice would be Panasoncic AG-15s but I don't think they are being made anymore and they'd be hard to find. I would like XLR inputs if possible. These are for instruction so the image quality isn't that important but I do want it to be decent. They will also be shooting sports so I'm not interested in the tiny consumer cams. As most people, I want to get the cams for the lowest price possible (maybe $1500/ea.).

Any input is appreciated.
Don Bazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 10:16 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Perhaps the AG20 would work. They're under $1500 have 3 1/6" chips but do not have XLRs.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 12:53 PM   #3
Regular Crew

If you want XLR's you'd have to go up to the AG DVC60's, but they run $2200. I teach a high school video production class and we have been using the DVC7's (single chip cam) and using a XLR adapter.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion