DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Telepromter DIY style... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/83809-telepromter-diy-style.html)

Tom McDougal January 13th, 2007 11:38 AM

Telepromter DIY style...

I've been searching internet and looking to do a DIY telepromter system...
Have a spare laptop, have a spare monitor. Just looking for say an adapter to hook a LCD Vesa complaint to an tripod. Our talent would looking directly left, above, below or right of frame. We tried this just with a sheet of paper and for our purposes, works as it still appears talent is looking into the lens (sought of) All I need is a mount...can anybody point me in the right direction?

TIA

Harold Schreiber January 15th, 2007 10:35 PM

Hi Tom,

Can you describe what "LCD Vesa complaint" means ??

I have 5" and 8" LCD units I can mount about anywhere, including a Tri-Pod.

I've even mounted a 9" CRT Monitor to a Tri-Pod.

How big a unit are you trying for ???

Harold

Tom McDougal January 16th, 2007 08:24 AM

17" or 19" monitor...VESA term is referred to the type of mount that clips on to the back of lcd/plasma units. Its a pin hole setting so you can screw in a bracket.

I don't know if they made something for the head of a tripod.

Thanks for replying

Harold Schreiber January 16th, 2007 11:11 AM

Hi Tom,

If you are trying to mount an LCD type, using the VESA type attachment,
I should think it would be relatively easy to create a mounting device to mount it to a Tri-Pod. I'm not aware of any pre-made types.

I should think you would need to weigh the Tri-Pod down if the monitor weighs very much. That's what I do, using 10 lb leg weights. (up to 3 of them)

Wish you were close to the Kansas City area, it would be fun to make one up, as I make most of my equipment mods.

If you don't find any pre-mades, consider sending me Pics of the back of your monitor and your Tri-Pod head thru PM, and maybe I could send you some suggestions.

Harold

Tom McDougal January 18th, 2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harold Schreiber
Hi Tom,

If you are trying to mount an LCD type, using the VESA type attachment,
I should think it would be relatively easy to create a mounting device to mount it to a Tri-Pod. I'm not aware of any pre-made types.

I should think you would need to weigh the Tri-Pod down if the monitor weighs very much. That's what I do, using 10 lb leg weights. (up to 3 of them)

Wish you were close to the Kansas City area, it would be fun to make one up, as I make most of my equipment mods.

If you don't find any pre-mades, consider sending me Pics of the back of your monitor and your Tri-Pod head thru PM, and maybe I could send you some suggestions.

Harold

Sounds great. We can make a solution as a stand but we want to make it portable as our studio is where ever we find space sometimes. They make TV type stands but they are not height adjustable. Thats why I thought a trip would work as you can go up/down.

Once we get time to address this DIY project..i'll look you up and keep list of parts i buy.