Misc. Open DV from 2007 - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 23rd, 2007, 05:10 AM   #61
Tourist

How to produce quizz

Hi, I have scenario for large studio quizz and I'm trying to find someone who can produce that quizz. The quizz has never been seen and it is brand new. Can somebody help me to find someone who can help me with production.
Zarko Surjanac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 12:59 PM   #62
New Boot

Movie Factory & DVD Audio problems

I'm using Ulead Movie Factory 6 Plus to author dvd's. I'm exporting a quicktime out of Avid Free and importing into MF. When I burn a dvd the audio is "choppy" and intermittent. I did a search on the Ulead forums and looks like it may be an issue of the software not being crazy about quicktime. Although it does import quicktime, it certainly has issues in the Mpeg2 conversion. Just wondering if anyone else who may use MF6 has had a simiular issue?? If so what was your work around??? I'll try converting the quicktime file to Mpeg2 then importing into MF6 when I get home tonight to see if this helps.

Thanks!
Scott Benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2007, 09:09 AM   #63
Inner Circle

Datavideo DAC-15 versus Canopus ADVC-700

I need to digitize component video (plus audio of course) coming out of the video switcher, in order to get it into the computer via firewire in DV format. I did some research and two boxes came up: Canopus ADVC-700 at $1600 and the Datavideo DAC-15 at $767.

They both seem to do the same thing, so why the price difference? Anyone having experience with these boxes please help.

Thank you,
Old September 29th, 2007, 08:16 PM   #64
Major Player

Film Workshop in LA?

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you knew a place where I could maybe get some experience shooting on film. I've only shot video in my life and I wanted to maybe try to get a cheapo film camera to try some things but I don't even know the first thing about what to do.

Anyway I'm just looking for something that's maybe like a weekend long or nights that is hands on. I've seen some weekend film school things but they seem very geared towards the whole overall process and probably don't involve actually shooting and especially not on film.
Old September 30th, 2007, 11:23 AM   #65
Wrangler

Toner Refills

Just need to vent a bit.

Been using a Konica-Minolta Magic Color 2300 laser color printer for a fw years. I've been happy with the results for a modest cost printer. Great for DVD jacket covers.

As with all, printers, toner is expensive, a set of OEM toner refills can cost more than the printer did with toner included at buy time.

Thought I'd save money by refiling. Work great for a while, but soon toner began leaking out of some the refilled cartridges. For no apparent reason.

Lesson learned, not worth the savings.

Switched to a HP LaserJet 2605. SO far, happy with the results.
Old October 1st, 2007, 07:20 PM   #66
Regular Crew

Roxio HD Pro

I've been using Roxio Media studio 9 for my standard dvd's, I've upgraded to their HD-Pro software, after many "costers" with various bit rates etc. I can't get as good quality (jaggies etc.) as I do on my $69.00 consumer software. anyone out their using both programs. Gary
Gary J. Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2007, 01:37 PM   #67
Major Player

Portable DTE Recorder

Hello everyone - I suppose my question is more of reassurance than it is confusion but I am wondering if I am right that one of these recorders is simply the equivalent to a memory card that you can record your digital footage to and then upload it to your computer for editing.

If I am wrong, which I probably am, could someone outline the detail of the benefit of one of these recorders?

Thank you!
-Terry Lee
Terry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2007, 04:59 AM   #68
New Boot

lighting/grip rental in stockholm

I've got a shoot at the end of the month in stockholm and was wandering if anyone could recommend a good rental house there. Looking to hire some 1/2k blondes, tripod and a dolly

any info would be greatly appreciated
Sam Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2007, 09:29 AM   #69
Regular Crew

Cinema Craft Encoder

Does anybody know if new CCE supports Premiere CS3 with export plug-in? And also HDV?
Juni Zhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2007, 01:36 PM   #70
Major Player

Trade Show for Commercial Productions?

Is there a trade show that would be good place for new director to meet people? thanks!
Kevin Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 08:49 AM   #71
Major Player

Day after thanksgiving sale....software sales?

The day after thanksgiving is a crazy day of crazy sales and I plan to get parts for a new computer then...but I was curious...do they have software crazy sales too? I`d love to get the Adobe Suite for under $1700 since thats almost 2 months of work money without eating food for that time.
Old October 14th, 2007, 10:09 PM   #72
Inner Circle

Video zone autofocus ?

I'm curious about why new video cameras don't offer a zone-based autofocus found in either DSLR cameras or even the new round of Point&Shoot cameras that are able to identify a face. Some cameras can at least show the region they've used to autofocus. Without these aides, video cameramen are forced to manually ride the focus ring, often yielding a lot of focus hunting, as we can see on a many shows with a mobile camera. Likewise, using AF (tapping AF button on Sony VX or FX/Z) to find a target but freezing the focus in manual mode requires extraneous zooming and target selection to help the AF. I'm fing the zoned AF in Movie Mode on my Canon Point&Shoot to be more accurate than my Sony Z1U.

Will we be seeing improvements in video camcorder AF systems ? I didn't see any improvements between the Sony Z1 and VX2000 other than a 2x zoom button that will only function while the camera is not recording.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2007, 11:19 AM   #73
Tourist

Using NeroVision Express 3 ~ Please HELP!!!

I'm using NeroVision Express 3 and have imported a DVD movie I did of a friend's funeral. There is a small section of it that I want to remove and place another movie [both are mp3's] into the area I want to remove.

Is it possible and how do I do it? I can't seem to figure the program out. I know Premiere would make it very simple but have an older version and don't have it installed on this machine. Bottom line, can't use Premiere at this time.

Any suggestions and thanks in advance!!

Ellen
Ellen Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2007, 02:38 PM   #74
New Boot

Sony fx7 stuck on external mic input

I have the sony hdr fx7. On the status check screen it says that the mic input is EXTERNAL MIC- even though there is nothing plugged in. I can only get audio if I plug in an external mic. Is there any way to change the input back to internal mic so that I can use the onboard mic?
Laura Coffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 05:02 AM   #75
Tourist

RGB signal

I have two Canon XL 1s camcorders and would like to use them as TV cameras connected to JVC KM-3000 component special effect generator.
Is there any way to get RGB signal from the camcorders, I mean, for reasonable price?
Miro Peternelj is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion