DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Lens cleaning pen??? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/9131-lens-cleaning-pen.html)

Mark Argerake April 30th, 2003 07:00 AM

Lens cleaning pen???

OK - I searched and couldn't find it, but I'm almost positve someone on this site recommended this pen thing they used to clean lenses. Anybody know what I'm talking about? Was it really a DVI thread?

George Brackett III April 30th, 2003 08:18 AM

Ritz Camera- just got one. Has some kind of cleaning pad on 1 end, and a retractable brush on the other. Haven't had the guts to try it on my GL-2 yet...

Chris Hurd April 30th, 2003 08:27 AM

Got mine from Ritz as well, same one as George's, about $7. Works great.

Mark Argerake April 30th, 2003 08:34 AM

Great thanks -- I guess I'll swing by the mall on the way home today.

John Threat May 1st, 2003 12:21 PM

Circuity city carries Lens pens for a reasonable 4 dollars.
Very nice.

Rob Lohman May 1st, 2003 02:01 PM

Quote:

pen thing they used to clean lenses

Andrew Petrie May 2nd, 2003 07:26 AM

Opportunity for DVi?

Maybe DVinfo could make a small bit of $$, and offer a pack of cleaning essentials - pen, paper, cloth, solution, cleaning tape, etc... offer it for cheap and any profit, albiet small, could go towards upkeep. It'll certainly not hurt the sponsors business.

Chris Hurd May 2nd, 2003 10:24 AM

Thanks Andrew, that is a good idea... a DVi branded lens pen. If I can locate a supplier, this might actually happen. Much appreciated,

Casey Visco May 2nd, 2003 01:05 PM

hell i'm still waiting for the DV(i) baseball hat ;) i'd rather advertise dvinfo than nike on location!

Chris Hurd May 2nd, 2003 01:06 PM

DVi shwag happens soon, I promise!

Bryan Beasleigh May 2nd, 2003 01:44 PM

Chris
Your making me smile.
I'm a field engineer for a large refrigeration manufacturer. The first thing the boys say as I walk through the door is "where's the schwag?" Hat's, pens, screwdrivers, manuals, anything at all.

Garret Ambrosio May 2nd, 2003 07:20 PM

Chris, I'm in for the baseball hat idea...It would be like the ultimate shooting cap...as for the cleaning pen, well, it would be hard since Circuit City can sell one for a measly $4. BTW, it does work pretty good, similar to the old skool vinyl cleaners for the old 33's and 45's and the other end is a good ole fashion brush, now if someone can produce a brush that ahs bristles that don't fall off...

Chris, there are a few places here in "the city" (San Francisco, Frisco, Sisko, DA 'sco, etc.) I can post phone numbers and inquire about prices if you'd like. I think they do coffee mugs, buttons, etc.

Mike Rehmus May 2nd, 2003 07:44 PM

No need to go that far, Garret. My brother-in-law does this stuff for all the local High Schools and clubs. Fairly low price compared to other's I've seen.

I have my own VPD Photographer hat. Gets me in a lot of places.

How about DVI Film Crew hat and T-Shirt?

Garret Ambrosio May 2nd, 2003 08:11 PM

Ouuuu a VPD hat...Mike do you know some folks at Vallejo's finest? I know Metz ( I think he transferred to Eureka), Bull (Mr 357 himself) Alan Caragan, and Ehman ( Cool Kat.). I would love a VPD hat /swat shirt that would get me all over the place...hmmm, I just did a freebie for this one guy in SFPD, maybe an SFPD hat?

Adrian Douglas May 2nd, 2003 10:16 PM

For anyone still wondering what a Lenspen is it is a pen shaped cleaning tool for removing dust and smudges from lenses. On one end it has a brush for removing dust and debris from the surface of your lens. On the other end is a soft pad that is used to remove smudges, like finger prints etc, from the surface of the lens. These pens are in my opinion one of those things that is a must have for anyone who shoots either photos or video.