Royalty-Free Music at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old May 23rd, 2007, 09:33 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Royalty-Free Music

Well, as with every videographer, I'm flabbergasted and disgusted with the music industry's incredibly insane royalty fees and legal jargon when requesting the use of their music.

That's why several months ago I stumbled across a Web site called Stock20.com. Perhaps you have heard of it. Anyway, Stock20.com provides royalty-free music for all. And, best of all, they're VERY cheap...uh, I mean...frugal...inexpensive.

I've read a couple of threads here lamenting the music restrictions by big companies, and would really like to suggest Stock20.com to anyone who has not yet used their services.

Actually, if anyone wants to give it a try, please log onto my Web site and on the "Music" page click on the Stock20.com link on the bottom to receive a free composition (with up to ten pre-cut tracks).

Moreover, though other sites offer a larger selection, they also charge very impractical prices: from $15 to $50 per composition! And, yes, Stock20.com is as of right now a smaller library, it is nonetheless growing monthly.

Please, give it a try.
Old May 24th, 2007, 07:37 AM   #2
Trustee

Daniel Rudd is one of us. You will find posts by him and he is currently playing with some HDV stuff.

And yes, it is a great deal. I "own" 2 of his pieces and will use a 3rd in an upcoming project.
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 08:01 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Vishad, I don't see the link on your site - jumped back and forth between different pages but can't find it. Besides, the slow loading video on your main page is not the best invitation for surfing... just my opinion as constructive criticism. (I am on a fairly fast company LAN).
Old May 24th, 2007, 08:39 AM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas View Post
Vishad, I don't see the link on your site - jumped back and forth between different pages but can't find it. Besides, the slow loading video on your main page is not the best invitation for surfing... just my opinion as constructive criticism. (I am on a fairly fast company LAN).
It is in Music
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 09:00 AM   #5
Major Player

I have purchased several compositions from Stock20 and the quality and genre of music is great. I hate those cheesey sounding electronic music beds. Stock20 is my favorite so far. I like it that you can purchase one composition at a time.
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:07 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I'm sorry about the slow load time on the Intro page, Ervin. I'm currently working on a Flash movie for that page. I'll just take the movie off for the moment until I can upload the Flash version.

And the link is on the Music page, down at the bottom.
Old May 28th, 2007, 06:28 PM   #7
Major Player

Revostock.com has a large selection of royalty free music and a great website to search/preview files. A single music piece costs $10, sound fx are $3. They also have royalty free video in many different formats.

some examples:
http://www.revostock.com/FileCloseup...html?&ID=16648

http://www.revostock.com/FileCloseup...html?&ID=15069
James Hooey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion