Need DVCAM deck repair in New York City at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old June 13th, 2007, 05:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Need DVCAM deck repair in New York City

I've got a Sony DSR-45 deck that ate a tape and crapped out on me - now displaying the C:31:23 error and refusing to do anything. Does anyone have a good repair facility to recommend? Thanks very much!
Kipjaz Savoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 06:09 PM   #2
Wrangler

If you want to send it to Sony you'll find info about their facilities here: http://bssc.sel.sony.com/Broadcastan...eCenters.shtml - there's one in Teaneck, NJ.

I've heard good things about Armato's for repairs, but don't have any personal experience: http://www.armatosvideo.com/index.as...on=Custom&ID=3
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 06:29 PM   #3
Major Player

Boyd beat me to it; I'd hesitated at first, since Armato's isn't a sponsor, but if it's not verboten, I can wholeheartedly recommend stopping by if you have the chance.

Brought in my VX2000 last year, they looked it over and decided it had to be sent to Sony. They handled everything very professionally, and made the whole process painless. Even when it came back with a nonfunctional zoom ring, I called about it, and they were more than happy to take care of me (at no charge, since the error was apparently Sony's).

They have repair forms you can fill out on the website and mail along with the item, but being that you're in the city, I'd recommend making the time to visit. They're on 67th street--not the adjacent 67th place--and Myrtle Avenue in Queens, referred to variously as either Glendale or Ridgewood. Don't be fooled by the other building, a short way down the block with the "Armato's" sign on it. That warehouse was their old location, if memory serves me, whereas the new one is a small storefront.

I had the pleasure of speaking with both Bob and Cookie--who handled the booking of repairs at the time, not sure if they're still there--in person on the occasions I was there, and was treated quite well. I can't say enough good things about my experience, and I think they definitely deserve the business.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 06:50 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the replies. I'm ideally looking for a place around midtown Manhattan (close to my edit room) if any exist. Queens is a hike though it sounds like a good place.
Kipjaz Savoie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion