365% Degree DV CAM at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 17th, 2002, 11:13 PM   #1
Regular Crew

365% Degree DV CAM

Has anybody shot on a Panoramic video-Camera or of heard of one?I going shot a short film with one I was wondering if there has been any films made using this camera?It shots 365% degrees around and when view on DVD you can scroll in Left or right direction has the video clip is played so you can pick up substorys in the film?What do think of this?
Old February 18th, 2002, 04:41 AM   #2
Regular Crew

This sounds like the 360 degree movies they show at Disneyland and they were shot with 12 cameras (or less?) that were set up in a circle and the footage was just projected this way in a round auditorium.

I found a different setup in current Cinefex issue #88 in an article about The Fast and the Furious: It is a multicamera Circlevision rig which uses 6 Arri 435 cameras to get 240 degrees of view. They were also arranged in a circle but pointing upwards and each one had a mirror mounted in front of its lens at 45 degrees pointing outward, so they could capture the footage via the mirrors reflection. I think they used the setup with the mirrors for practical reasons, because it saves space and all the viewfinders are accessible from outside the rig.
The resultant film elements (highspeed street racing POV) were then stitched together, stabilized and used as background for the bluescreen work of the actors sitting in the cars.

Check out the discussion on this at

http://www.cinematography.net/[cml]Backgrounds.htm

There are people talking abou that who really do that. But I have never heard of anyone doing this on DV and with his home pc. If anyone has, I want to know it ALL.

Cheers, Peter
Peter Koller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2002, 04:44 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Oh, and, no harm here Mario.. but a circle has only 360 degrees.

;-)

Cheers, Peter
Peter Koller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2002, 12:14 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thank you

My bad 360% I have no clue why I put 365. Thanks I will let you know how this shot goes I am filming this fri. and will Post my results I am going to shoot the short two ways one with XL1 complete and then reshot the other with 360% the only problem is I have just few lights and gels ect.......for setup so hopefuly it turn out well.I wish I could use a grid system above and use some kinos above but their no money for this (Grass Roots filming)
for info on the film go to info go to http://www.tbdigitalproductions.com
thanks Later
Old February 18th, 2002, 12:32 PM   #5
Major Player

Im guessing that you got mixed up between circles and how many days there are in a year.
Dan C. is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion