First Impressions of HMC-150 AVCCAM hands on at WEVA - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old September 3rd, 2008, 08:25 PM   #31
Regular Crew

SD out of 150?

Does anyone know if one can record a downconverted SD signal out of the composite video jack of the 150? I'd like to be able to go to DVCAM tape for some jobs directly from the camera.
John Markert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 08:28 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Markert View Post
Does anyone know if one can record a downconverted SD signal out of the composite video jack of the 150? I'd like to be able to go to DVCAM tape for some jobs directly from the camera.
Yes it will. Choice of 16x9, 4x3 letterboxed or 4x3 sidecropped. Dust off the ol' DSR-11!!

-Darren
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Clarification About HMC150 at WEVA Expo

Sorry if I'm a little late to the party here (I rarely hit the forums), but FYI I also got a few minutes to play around with the AG-HMC150 at WEVA last month. I can clarify one thing for certain: the sample footage playing on the LCD at the party was definitely NOT footage from the HMC150. The Panasonic rep stated repeatedly that it was footage from one of the earlier Panasonic AVCHD cams at 13Mbs (or somewhere in that range), so presumably any blockiness that was noticed would be less evident on the HMC150's footage. Now why they didn't have actual sample footage from the camera is beyond me...

Overall though, I was pretty impressed with the camera and it's definitely on my short list right now as I'm looking towards my next purchase. I love that it shoots high bitrate AVCHD to cheap and available SDHC media. I love how well it's balanced and that it only weighs 4lb. And I of course love the $3500 price point. What really remains to be seen, and will be the deal-maker or -breaker for me as a wedding videographer, is how well it performs in low light. It was tough to judge low light performance at the dimly-lit WEVA party since squinting at its little flip-out LCD screen isn't a very accurate way to assess the low light capabilities! I don't need to buy my new cams until about May 2009 anyway, so for now I'll just be content to sit and wait for the reviews to start coming in...
Ryan Chaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Berry Green was able to shoot some things with an early HMC-150 and the files were posted. However, right now, I can't recall what the link was...

The 720p footage is the sweet point of the camera. Images are sharp and the colors are rich in that mode of operation. Because the rate is 21Mbps/24Mbps max for all resolutions and frame rates, the 720/24P and 720/30p offer the lowest compression ratios of all the modes.

I have yet to see any low light footage, so we'll have to wait for that....

Bob Diaz
Bob Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:37 PM   #35
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Diaz View Post
Berry Green was able to shoot some things with an early HMC-150 and the files were posted. However, right now, I can't recall what the link was...
Bob Diaz
Right here
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/panasonic...tml#post930881
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders