Lets start a scene file thread at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old September 29th, 2008, 12:55 PM   #1
Major Player

Lets start a scene file thread

I hope a scene file thread will get started soon so we can share presets. Im hoping to accomplish the over-saturated look of the Canon Vivid-RGB preset. I have not had time to look into presets at all yet, but hopefully they are very adjustable and this is possible.

Hopefully Chris will also set up a camera clips folder in a new HMC150 discussion topic.
Old October 1st, 2008, 07:39 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

(Jeff, I copied your post and split it out of another thread).

I can set up an example clips sub-forum once we have a few existing threads to move into it (in general I don't start empty boards). So once we've got a few video clips posted here, I'll be happy to set up the sub-forum and move those threads into it...

Re: scene files, I just need to know what the file extension is so I can add it to the list of allowed attachments that can be uploaded to the forum. That's the only thing that needs to happen in order to get a scene file thread going.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 06:43 PM   #3
Major Player

The 6 HMC-150 Factory Scene files

This is the Panasonic factory information describing the 6 factory set up scene file settings. The original PDF file is also attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Lets start a scene file thread-hmc-150-scene-files_page_1.jpg   Lets start a scene file thread-hmc-150-scene-files_page_2.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf HMC-150 scene files.pdf (29.6 KB, 4829 views)
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I'd be interested in getting some scene files here for the HMC40 as well.
Paul Digges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 02:52 AM   #5
New Boot

Maybe people can post their scene file usage preferences as well (for the factory settings to start with).
Anindya Mukherjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 06:20 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Re: Lets start a scene file thread

Hi Guys

Haven't seen much activity here at all!! Does this mean that there are no HMC40/80 users that are using scene files at all????

I would have thought at the very least your cameras would be using Scene 1 tweaked nicely for outdoor work and then Scene 2 tweaked to take advantage of low light operation.

It seems to help low light operation a lot if you drop detail to around -3 and push the detail core way up to +6 or 7. Setting gamma to bpress for low light inside work also seems to make a nice difference.

For outdoor shoots I'm a bit of a colour fanatic so I tend to lift the Chroma Level up a few notches and you can also push both detail settings up a tad!!

Anyone care to share Scene Files they have modified for either the HMC40 or 80 as they have much the same DNA!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders