DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/)
-   -   Sync/Timecode (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/135220-sync-timecode.html)

Luiz Murillo October 4th, 2008 11:18 AM

Sync/Timecode/CCDs

Hi there guys!
I live in Sao Paulo, Brazil and I'm thinking of getting a HMC-150.
I've seen the reviews and the manual and i know about the sync thru the video-out cable which is awesome, but(there's always a but...) I'm in doubt with an issue. Here in Brazil we don't have a lot of HMC-150 yet, and I'll have a project next year that probably will need 3 or 4 cameras and I don't know if I will be able to rent all HMCs until there. Do you have any idea if I can sync HMC with HVX200 thru video-out or remote control?

What about the ccd, is the HMC-150 with the same 960x540 trio of HVX-200, or were they at least improved since HVX-200A(i havent tested 200A, I've been working with other stuff for almost a year).

Thank you very much,
Luiz Murillo

Chris Hurd October 4th, 2008 10:22 PM

Hi Luiz,

You can probably sync an HMC170 with an HVX200 remotely through Free Run time code, assuming that both cameras will recognize each other's wireless remote controller. I haven't actually tried this myself, but the only thing that would stop it from working would be an incompatibility between one of the camcorders and the wireless IR remote controller.

Luiz Murillo October 5th, 2008 08:39 AM

Thanks Chris, the 'old z1u trick' hehehe.
I've neved tried this myself, only read and heard about it. On the best case scenario, how is the shutter sync? Flawless or there might be any difference/problem?

And now I'm getting more confused with these damn Nikon and Canon new SLRs, their image quality is making me and my crew go nuts! (:

Chris Hurd October 5th, 2008 09:01 AM

Hi Luiz, there is no CCU for either camera that I'm aware of, so you'd have to manually set identical shutter speeds for both cameras and keep them locked out of auto. Some preliminary camera setup will most likely be required to match a 150 to a 200 but I doubt it would take a whole lot of tweaking...

Luiz Murillo October 5th, 2008 01:36 PM

Oh I think that will be ok. My background is cinema, any shutter above 60, 80, 100 in a 'lethal sun' will demand ND filtration, much better than freezing image in motion.

Case closed, thanks a lot!

Jeff Kellam October 7th, 2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luiz Murillo (Post 946878)
What about the ccd, is the HMC-150 with the same 960x540 trio of HVX-200, or were they at least improved since HVX-200A(i havent tested 200A, I've been working with other stuff for almost a year).

Luiz:

The HMC150 has the same sensor block as the HVX200a. Therefore it has the same significant improvements in sensitivity, reduced noise and reduced smearing over the HVX200. The 200a was a big step up over the 200.

Jeff