HMC150 Footage Available For Download - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old February 11th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #31
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kellam View Post
I like that idea but would like to see one unit without a screen to bring costs down. A lot of people already have monitors to focus and compose so the screen can be an extra useless expense for some people. It can record to USB and CF at the same time, GREAT!
Erick Calderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2009, 09:04 PM   #32
Major Player

We have moved the raw files to a different site. I don't know how to edit my original post so I am listing the link here.

VonTraining.net Forum :: View topic - Download HMC150 Raw Footage
Old February 14th, 2009, 05:50 PM   #33
Major Player

Mark,

Thank you for this and your timing could not have been better.
I just built a machine last month in anticipation of buying an HMC150 and you gave me the opportunity to test it out.

The files play perfectly in Vegas 8.1.

My system: AMD Phenom X4 9850 with 8GB Ram running Win7 64 bit beta

BTW, my new camera should arrive next Wednesday.

Bob T.
Old February 15th, 2009, 11:24 PM   #34
Major Player

Hi Bob,

You are welcome. It seems that most Vegas users are very happy with AVCHD. Have fun with your new camera on Wednesday!
Old March 9th, 2009, 07:35 PM   #35
Regular Crew

Has anyone using a Mac and FCP 6.05 been able to import or log & transfer Mark's raw files? I am not able to, and I just checked and my Final Cut is up to date. I really am interested in this camera, but want to try out some test footage 1st before discounting it. I looked around and can't find any other sources of raw HMC150 output other that what our kind friend Mark has put up.

Thanks.
Mike Petrucco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #36
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Petrucco View Post
Has anyone using a Mac and FCP 6.05 been able to import or log & transfer Mark's raw files? I am not able to, and I just checked and my Final Cut is up to date. I really am interested in this camera, but want to try out some test footage 1st before discounting it. I looked around and can't find any other sources of raw HMC150 output other that what our kind friend Mark has put up.

Thanks.
Hey Mike, I'm in the same boat you are. I did find this on the Panasonic website. ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasoni...AM_EditSol.pdf

I'll be getting one of these cameras next week. I'll be looking for FCP 6.0.5 to edit the footage. Downloaded the *.MTS samples here. No luck in getting them to play in MPEG StreamClip or FCP 6.0.5 - Just picked up a copy for Premiere CS3 and will try working with that tonight. Looking to download and try Panasonic's transcoder. No luck, link no longer works.

PC Workflow White Paper: (Windows Only)

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasoni...m_combined.pdf

Adobe's AVCHD Support Page: (For Reference)

AVCHD support in Premiere Pro CS3 and Premiere Elements 4

Hope to find a reasonable solution to editing with FCP 6.0.5 that doesn't take all night transcoding footage.
Old March 14th, 2009, 09:16 PM   #37
Regular Crew

I found out in the mac forum (dvi forum) that FCP will not log and transfer the mts files without the whole directory structure intact from the SD cards. There are other files in that structure that it needs at the same time. That is why Mark's files aren't working for us with Final Cut. I think you wlll be fine once you have the camera (as far as this goes), but from what I gather, will need to transode to Pro Res.

BTW, this is not stopping me from getting this camera (or likely two of them) for use in weddings. If it were not for the rolling shutter deal, I would be all over the Sony Z5.

I wish that CMOS did not have that issue. I like what those CMOS cams produce otherwise, more so than the HMC150 from what I can tell. Oh well. I won't be one bit surprised that a year or two from now, this will all be solved.
Mike Petrucco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2009, 05:27 AM   #38
New Boot

AVCHD appears as MPEG-2 in Vegas

Thanks Mark for the files!

They seem to work fine on my Vegas 8.0c Q6600 machine.
I am curious, though, as to why, when they are placed on the Vegas timeline, the file properties say that they are MPEG-2 rather than MPEG-4. Anyone know why this is?

Dale
Dale Sexauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #39
Major Player

Hi Dale,

You are welcome. I don't use Vegas, so I don't have an anwer for you, sorry.
Old March 19th, 2009, 09:15 AM   #40
Regular Crew

Thanks for the footage! Just for fun I tried it out on my dev box - an old Dell for testing new Adobe products before i put it on my real computer -

Dell - XP SP3
Pentium 4 3.4GHz
2 GB RAM

and surprise! It can't handle it. But it was nice to see actual footage inside Premiere CS4, which seems to handle it well - the processor just isn't up to the task.

I'm trying to decide right now between Xh-A1 and the HMC150 so this was a real help. This gives me reason to finally reformat my prod machine (quadcore) and move CS4 to it.

From my perspective - the most attractive thing about the HMC150 over the cannon is the lens. I don't know much about that kind of thing, but it sounds like the Panny is nice and wide right out of the box.
Jason McGovern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #41
Major Player

Hi Jason,

You are welcome. The only advantages I see that the XH-A1 has over the HMC150 is for videographers who must have tape and the 20x zoom lens

When comparing the XH-A1 to the HMC150, the HMC150 is the clear winner in light weight, low light performance, wider lens, better LCD, better manual focus aides, better manual zoom, better audio controls, better recording format, better warranty, and the list goes on.
Old March 20th, 2009, 04:40 PM   #42
Regular Crew

Thanks again. Moved CS4 to my production rig:

Dell Precision
QuadroFX3500
Intel Xeon Quad @ 3.7GHz
3GB RAM

This rig handled the video just fine - with the CPU peaking at around 61% on all cores during playback on Premiere's timeline. Can't wait to play around with the new Prem and After Effects. Thanks for the advice, I'm confident now that this Panasonic is the way to go - amazing camera - can't wait to get my hands on one.
Jason McGovern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2009, 05:03 PM   #43
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Von Lanken View Post
Hi Jason,

You are welcome. The only advantages I see that the XH-A1 has over the HMC150 is for videographers who must have tape and the 20x zoom lens

When comparing the XH-A1 to the HMC150, the HMC150 is the clear winner in light weight, low light performance, wider lens, better LCD, better manual focus aides, better manual zoom, better audio controls, better recording format, better warranty, and the list goes on.
Mark, I appreciate you posting the files. I have a XH A1 and I was concerned about the big drop in sensor resolution from the A1 and the file conversion issues. I am currently using the Sony MRC1 with my Canon for tapeless.

After some issues figuring out which or your files were interlaced and which frame rate, I sucessfully converted them to HDV using TMPGEnc 4.0. My Matrox RT.X2 could then edit them in real time while displaying them on a Samsung HD monitor via Component. The alternative would have been capturing via the Component out of the camera into the HD component input of the RT.X2. Much more hassle.

The glasses with the bubbles were sharp enough (when you were in focus) to convince me that the HMC150 would work for me.

Now the accessories issues. I just found out that I will need a new $300 lens controller since the HMC150 doesn't use LANC.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders