My Choices HMC150 or JVC GY-HM100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old February 19th, 2009, 05:47 AM   #1
New Boot

My Choices HMC150 or JVC GY-HM100

I know the JVC is not out yet, what appeals to me is the codec and size, I have concern over the sensor size compared to the 150 for low light shooting. How important is the vectorscope and the extra ND flters. I am moving from an HV30 to prosumer and would love your advice on these two based on specs and your experience with the 150. I am using a 8 core MacPro and a Macbook Pro with 4 gig Ram. Thanks for the help.
John Neff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2009, 08:50 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neff View Post
I know the JVC is not out yet, what appeals to me is the codec and size, I have concern over the sensor size compared to the 150 for low light shooting. How important is the vectorscope and the extra ND flters. I am moving from an HV30 to prosumer and would love your advice on these two based on specs and your experience with the 150. I am using a 8 core MacPro and a Macbook Pro with 4 gig Ram. Thanks for the help.
Oh My God,Hey John John,I'm also a Mac Fans with Same Macs as you...haaaa...FCP6 for sure...And HMC150 also in my mind at the moment...i w'ld like to know how's the comparison with the comments from forumers soon!!!!
cheers..
Mac Treouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2009, 02:09 PM   #3
Inner Circle

There is no comparison between 1/3" chips and 1/4". There basically is no low light performance with chips under 1/4". If you shoot in low light conditions you will want 1/3" chips or better.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders