HMC150 new firmware! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old February 20th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #1
Tourist

HMC150 new firmware!

I just upgraded my camera from firmware 1.16 to 1.19. You can get the firmware at P2 Asset Support System (PASS). You must register your camera to get access.
Khalid Benjabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 08:51 AM   #2
Major Player

Firmware Update-NO MAC Version!!! Unacceptable!!!!

I would seriously like to hear from Jan regarding this or some other person from Panasonic. This is absolute BS. I have no intention of moving this to a Mac versus WIN thing. It just seems to me that Panasonic needs to cut the crap and service ALL the customers who have gone out and supported their move to AVCHD and bought the HMC150. There is NO excuse for this lack of support and even less excuse for Panasonic not to explain their actions, be it through Jan on this forum or elsewhere. It is bad enough that those of us with a major investment in Apple equipment and software are having to deal with Apple dragging its feet in bringing their "Professional and World Class" editing software up to date and many of us are and have been waging the letter/email war to get this to change now. We hardly need this nonsense from Panasonic. If Panasonic were not going to support ALL their customers with this camera they should have told us so to begin with and we could have decided before the purchase. And I don't accept the use BOOTCAMP nonsense either! Why should I have to buy a new OS and go through the hassle of loading it on my computer?
Speak up Panasonic!
Brian Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 08:46 AM   #3
Major Player

What OS is this requiring. What' is this update exactly?
Greg Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 08:55 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Harris View Post
What OS is this requiring. What' is this update exactly?
The update only works with a windows machine, XP or Vista. It updates through a USB cable not the SD card.
I also heard it won't work with 64 bit system, but I'm not sure about that.

The update is to fix a couple of small bugs.

Quote:
1. Remedy of “CARD FULL” warning display
“CARD FULL” warning might not be displayed with SD card end rarely.
* In this case, “Media capacity display (Remain recording time)” is displayed normally. This problem has been solved.
2. Remedy of character display
Characters (TC, Audio level meters and etc.) might not be displayed during playback with condition that the LCD display is rotated at 180 degrees. This problem has been solved.
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:51 PM   #5
New Boot

How long does the firmware update take?

My camera has been updating for almost an hour now and doesn't seem to be making progress. The light on the cam is blinking but the progress bar on the computer is not moving. Is the utility frozen?

I am running Windows XP.

Please help. This worries me.

Last edited by Brendon Costello; March 26th, 2009 at 08:28 AM.
Brendon Costello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 10:29 AM   #6
Major Player

Does this new firmware come with newer hmc150's? I will have mine next week and I have a windows computer at work. If i need the update i'll just bring it into my office.
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:20 PM   #7
Major Player

I got mine about 2 weeks ago, and it came with 1.19, so most likely yours will already be updated as well.
Dan Shallenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 02:16 PM   #8
Major Player

NIce, I'm expecting mine tomorrow!!!!
Old April 21st, 2009, 06:08 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I got mine yesterday and it's 1.19
D.R. Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #10
Regular Crew

firmware update for class10 SDHC cards?

How do I get the 150 to work with class 10 cards?
John Markert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #11
Barry Wan Kenobi

Go on the panasonic website and download the latest firmware update. That firmware makes it compatible with Class 10.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #12
Major Player

FWIW, I got my HMC in Dec 2009

and just now checked the firmware version. It's 1.19. I'm pretty sure I've never changed it, (I doubt I would have without reading Barry's book first, and I haven't done that yet), so I suppose they were shipping w/1.19 since at least mid/late Dec.
I also bought a Class 10 card with the camera, and it's been working fine since I got it.
HTH
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2010, 06:49 PM   #13
Tourist

Another unhappy MAC user

I agree with Murphy - there is no reason for Panasonic not supporting the MAC format. I'm unhappy about the firmware update requiring access to a PC. It seems the easiest thing would be to install the update from the SD card, then anyone could load the update file to a card and stick it in the camera to install.
Bob Huffman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders