DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/)
-   -   Any rumors on Panasonic AG-HMR10 ? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/145232-any-rumors-panasonic-ag-hmr10.html)

Bo Skelmose March 6th, 2009 05:24 AM

Any rumors on Panasonic AG-HMR10 ?

Hi
I know this is not a piece of P2 equipment but have someone here on this forum heard any rumors of the release date for Panasonic AG-HMR10 / AG-HCK10 AVCCAM.
Panasonic states : Later this year - thats not very specifik and I need this set for this summers shooting. Sony makes a similar small recorder and camera - but with no progressive recording.
Rumors are ok for me.....

Bo Skelmose March 13th, 2009 07:01 AM

As far as I heard now it should be available in september at a price around 8k $.

Chris Hurd March 13th, 2009 03:41 PM

Moved from P2HD to AVCCAM.

Paulo Teixeira March 14th, 2009 12:38 PM

Based on specs alone, the Panasonic is significantly better than the Sony so I wouldn’t be surprised if it were to cost more but I would think that theirs a better chance of the price being similar to the Sony than the price that you quoted. Even $5,000 would seem a bit high for a MSRP but $8,000? If you don’t mind asking, where did you get that price? I’m certain you don’t mean U.S. Dollars, right?

Bo Skelmose April 22nd, 2009 01:26 PM

Great - thanks for the info from NAB and Panasonic. I will buy this set when available - just now I wonder when. Hopefully it will be before summer. Please Panasonic....Maybe you need some testing in wildlife......

Bo Skelmose August 24th, 2009 11:51 PM

Finally set for delivery in Oktober.....

Bo Skelmose September 11th, 2009 07:18 AM

Time goes really slow - Guess I should be glad for that in my age - but I just cant wait to get it.

https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro..._pdf/HMR10.pdf

Something is happening soon.

Pat Reddy September 12th, 2009 02:04 PM

I think it is supposed to be available in the US in October. Here is a link to the brochure for the recorder and the small POV camera that is designed to work with it:

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasoni...0_brochure.pdf

The camera looks pretty interesting: 3 1/4 inch cmos chips; 1080 1920 HD; multi-format/frame rate recording; max AVCHD bit rates; matrix, knee point, gamma, chroma, detail, zebra, and white balance adjustments; automatic dynamic range stretch; OIS; 40.8 to 490 mm equivalent zoom; and iris, shutter and manual focus adjustments.

The specs for the camera say that the minimum focus distance is about 36 inches, which seems awfully long for a small chip camera with a 40.8 mm wide focal length. Maybe it's a typo. Of course the cameras is completely controlled by the recorder - which most people will probably use with their larger cameras.

Oops, you have already linked to the brochure, sorry about that. I read this thread at about midnight last night and didn't quite grasp that you had already found this and the delivery date.

Pat

Paulo Teixeira October 19th, 2009 05:13 PM

Updated List Prices

AG-HCK10G = $1,800 (B&H $1,649.95)
AG-HMR10 = $2,600 (B&H $2,279.95)

Learn about Panasonic's AG-HCK10G
Learn about Panasonic's AG-HMR10

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...tialSearch=yes

Not bad pricing but I still can't afford it.

Bo Skelmose November 23rd, 2009 01:07 AM

Now - November soon has gone and still no sight of it !

Nick McLachlan November 23rd, 2009 01:58 AM

Collecting camera today

Hi,

I will be collecting my HMR10 & HCK10 today, I'll do a full review when I have had a chance to test it out.

Barry Green November 23rd, 2009 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo Skelmose (Post 1451087)
Now - November soon has gone and still no sight of it !

B&H lists them both as "in stock"...

Nick McLachlan November 23rd, 2009 02:26 AM

I know that in the UK they have been extremely difficult to get hold of and all resellers are out of stock again this week.

Bo Skelmose November 23rd, 2009 05:30 AM

Yes - seen it on B&H too - but guess little Denmark will not be the first to get some. I'll try to call my suplier today ..............

Nick McLachlan November 23rd, 2009 02:33 PM

I have just unpacked the AG-HMR10E and the AG-HCK10G POVCAM!

First impressions - the camera is much bigger than the Sony HXR-MC1P, but this was expected. The recorder is also on the 'chunky' side with a good size screen.

The size and weight of the camera head will restrict use in certain applications, but will be great for exterior car shots etc.

I had a quick play with the menu on the recorder and there is an excellent range of control over the cameras CCU functions....certainly far more advanced than the Sony HXR-MC1P.

All the soundies have been crying out for external mic inputs on the new range of minicams, so I am now really pleased that I can provide them with this facility.

I will do some record/ playback tests over the next week.

PS... I'm a bit concerned over how long the LCD screen will last without getting scratched, I'm going to find a suitable cover asap.