Buzzing noise from zoom - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old May 10th, 2009, 11:03 PM   #16
Tourist

Dan,

I do not think it's causes any problems. It really is a very faint noise that you can only really notice in a very quiet room. You also have to be aware of the noise and listen closely. It's almost like listening into a sea shell when you put your ear up to the lens. Very strange I know. I think both of your cameras are probably working top notch and are functioning the way they are supposed to.

Like you, when I first got my camera the AF noise startled me. It was REALLY loud and I thought my camera was defective. As we both know now- this is normal. However, when I heard this other faint noise with AF turned OFF, I again thought something might be wrong. Most HMC150 users will probably never notice this faint intermittent noise. I just tend to be a little obsessive when I spend this much money on something. I want to make sure everything is working properly. Keep me updated on anything else you notice and I will do the same. Thanks for starting this post- It confirmed for both of us that are cameras are A-OK :-)
Daniel Owens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders