Our 3rd Same Day Edit with Panasonic's HMC 154 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old March 31st, 2009, 02:57 PM   #1
New Boot

Our 3rd Same Day Edit with Panasonic's HMC 154

I must say the more I use Sony Vegas Pro ver 8.0c the more I like it , It is a bit tricky getting used to shortcuts and certain editing functionality compared to the more traditional NLE's, but the more I use it the more I love it!

The 'forced' marriage between Panasonic HMC 154 AVCHD footage and Sony's Vegas Pro V8.0c software is pann(y)ing (mind the pun) out to be a much longer term relationship, then previously anticipated!

Enjoy!.... wedding dvd’s
Petrus du Toit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 07:05 AM   #2
Major Player

Looks good Petrus. Did you edit the SDE on a laptop? If so what specs is it? Interested to know how well or how the struggle was editing the sde on a laptop if that's what you used. Thanks for sharing

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 01:23 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks for the compliment Monday,
For this SDE I was fortunate that the venue is 2min away from our editing studio so I did it on windows PC (XP service pack 3) Core 2Quad 2.66Gig 4gig Ram Nvidia 9800 GT 512Mb ram)

We do have a traveling PC with above specs except OS is Vista ultimate 64 bit and have 1333 Mhz 8gig ram, Installed Vegas Pro 8.1 64bit will soon be used for another SDE and give some feedback as to the expierance and ease of editing.

Regards Petrus
Petrus du Toit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:37 PM   #4
Major Player

So you guys don't do laptop editing?
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 10:58 PM   #5
New Boot

Not at the moment, we have invested in a macbook pro recently but its is our peak wedding season here in South Africa at the moment, and the apple is on ice and will be experimented with and figured out during our off season (winter) starting end of May.
Petrus du Toit is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders