Shoulder Mounted Version HMC150? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old April 1st, 2009, 09:41 AM   #1
New Boot

Shoulder Mounted Version HMC150?

Is there any possibility that Panasonic would develop an HMC150 with a shoulder mounted form factor in the near future? I enjoy the HMC150 but would enjoy it far more if it could sit on my shoulder. I realize Panny has the HMC70 but come on....

Would anyone else be interested in this or is it a lost cause?
Johnny Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:41 AM   #2
Major Player

The closest you would get would be the HPX-300, which runs around $8500, but is more of a professional camera. Big jump from the $3200 for the HMC150. It also records in P2.

I would be surprised it they came out with a shoulder 150 camera.

Daniel Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:28 PM   #3
Tourist

Hi Johnny,

I saw a picture of one of many types of shoulder mounts available on the market. You may purchase them instead.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA280_.jpg

I seriously doubt Panasonic will make a shoulder-mounted HMC150.

Azman
Azman Abdul Rahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2009, 08:42 AM   #4
New Boot

I wish Panasonic would take the guts of the HMC150 and put them in the body of the HMC70. I guess an attached lens would be cool but how about a 1/3 bayonet mount like the HPX300 has. How hard is this really??? Come on 2009 is about hope.... Right?? Jan??
Johnny Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2009, 06:46 PM   #5
Major Player

I doubt it to! Like Azman said, there are many shoulder mount braces on the market. Simply add a zoom/focus controller on the hand bars, and you're all set for ease of use, and stability.
Frederic Segard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 09:48 AM   #6
Major Player

I would think that as soon as Pany made an HMC150 shouldermount... it will increase the price drastically, specially with a removable lens. At that price range, Pany would have to add more features to make it tasty. And I would presume that the economical factor becomes much less interesting. Might as well go full blow with a HPX300. Or a JVC HM700. (But then... it's not even a competition between those two... hehehe)

On the other hand, it would be nice to have that option. A much sleeker looking version of the HMC70, less fisher price looking, perhaps like the JVC HM700 or around those lines. OH! And I mean... you have to admit that the HMC70 is really a toy for children. Maybe in Japan and for elementary schools it's acceptable and "trendy", but you'll never catch me with a HMC70 in my hands, never mind owning one. Nothing screams more "Uncle Bob" then an HMC70. Anyway, enough ranting, back to the subject at hand. Seeing all the same features as the HMC150, same fixed lens (like the Sony DSR250/150), basically same everything, that would be nice. I could pay a few hundred dollars more for a sleek looking shouldermount HMC150.... but never more then a thousand. And if it's a thousand more, it better have a significant feature or two more.

I do have to say that I'm surprised that hand held is dominating prosumer/indy the market. Yes it does have certain advantages shouldermounts don't. On the other hand, a specially made, sleek design could be able to be the best of both worlds. Handling just as well in both shooting styles.

Anyway, enough with my day dreaming. I know it's never going to happen.
Frederic Segard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders