DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/)
-   -   Can someone recommend a good stabilizer for the HMC-150? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/237318-can-someone-recommend-good-stabilizer-hmc-150-a.html)

Simon Zimmer June 14th, 2009 07:47 AM

Can someone recommend a good stabilizer for the HMC-150?

Hello,

anyone using any type of video camcorder stabilizer for the HMC-150. It is a light camera but after about 10 minutes, it is not so light anymore. OIS helps but a little more stabilization support would help.

Anyone recommend anything specific int his field?

Thanks,

Simon

Randy Johnson June 14th, 2009 01:41 PM

I like this one.
Classic Shoulder Pod Mightywondercam Classic shoulder pod Videosmith Philadelphia equipment camera rental [Classic] - $249.00 : Videosmith and Mightywondercam, Online Shopping

Simon Zimmer June 14th, 2009 04:01 PM

Not bad!

Anyone ever use this one?

Steadybrace.com - Video Camera Shoulder Support Steady Brace and Brackets

Looks good too and not too expensive.

Simon

Randy Johnson June 14th, 2009 04:04 PM

One thing to make sure is make sure you can mount it on a tripod.

Simon Zimmer June 14th, 2009 04:22 PM

Hi Randy,

Do you use the one you recommended?

Good point about the tripod.

Simon

Randy Johnson June 14th, 2009 08:07 PM

yeah, my friend gave me an old one. then new one looks better the only issue I have with it is you need to turn the camera 30 degrees or so because of the viewfinder placement. It will mount on a tripod though. It will mount on a tripod and the height adjustment is pretty important so you can line it up to your height comfortatbly.

Randy Johnson June 14th, 2009 08:10 PM

Ya know after shooting with my AG-HMC 150 for a few jobs I decided just to get a mono pod with feet and a decent small head instead of trying to go hand held. For me its just as portable.

Simon Zimmer June 14th, 2009 09:49 PM

Interesting.

I have not looked at them yet.

I will check it out now.

Thanks,

Simon

Simon Zimmer June 14th, 2009 09:51 PM

By the way, which mono pad did you get?

I did not realize there are so many.

Simon

Randy Johnson June 14th, 2009 11:12 PM

Bogen something or other, comes with or without a head. It has these legs(feet) had come out when you want something more stable.

Simon Zimmer June 15th, 2009 06:56 AM

The shoulder mount you recommended, is that good for steady pans?

I looked at some monopods but I want something that is good for smooth pans. Not sure if the monopods do that. I could be wrong. I realize a tripod would be good for this but need something more movable and efficient.

The Merlin Steadicam seems pretty amazing and so does the Flowpod from Varizoom but they are not cheap.

Do you know of any place where I can test out some different stabilizers?

Thanks,

Simon