Panasonic Announces Dramatically Lower Pricing on AG-HMC40 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old November 11th, 2009, 10:20 AM   #46
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Pratt View Post
Interesting... I'm becoming more enamored with this camera. As for the low light stuff, you're right, a nice camera light would solve that problem. I use Sony HVL lights. They're great because you can use only one lamp at 10 watts, or two at 20 depending on what the situation calls for:

Sony | HVL-20DW2 20-watt Video Light | HVL20DW2 | B&H Photo Video

They're relatively inexpensive and I use the 'big' battery on it (one like that's shown in the accessories section on that B&H page). Usually get 3-4 hours of usage out of it. Just buy generic batteries for the light... no need to spend the extra $$$ on the Sony brand batteries.

Did you get a user manual with the camera? I've done some searches online for one and can't find it. The only thing I've found is what appears to be a sales brochure:

https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro...pdf/HMC40U.pdf

I've always found the best way to make a decision on a camera is to read through it's user/directions manual first. Then you know exactly what the camera can do and if it will suit your needs.
Melissa,

You'll find the HMC40 manual here:
ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasoni...G-HMC40_oi.pdf

Good luck
Dan Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2009, 11:36 AM   #47
New Boot

Fantastic Dan! Thanks you:) This is a HUGE help.
Melissa Pratt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders