New Final Cut Studio at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old July 23rd, 2009, 07:32 AM   #1
Major Player

New Final Cut Studio

Apple just announced this: Apple - Final Cut Studio - Whats New

I see one of the improvements is native AVC-Intra support. Please forgive my ignorance, but does that mean it natively supports footage from the HMC150? That would be incredible. I'm not sure if AVC-Intra is different that the AVCHD we get from these cameras, or if it's an overall term that encompasses all forms of AVC.

ANd DVD Studio Pro was NOT updated, so STILL does not support bluray... ugh! I can't stand Encore.
Dan Shallenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 10:48 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Nope they are different. I read the tech specs of the new final cut, and it says that AVCHD is done with pro res. In the new white papers of pro res it mentions that avchd uses h.264 which is very hardware hungry, hence the use of pro res. I really hope we can capture with the new pro res LT codec - takes up less disc space which would be handy.

Otherwise it's a slightly disappointing upgrade to be honest.
Scott Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 11:27 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Shallenberger View Post
ANd DVD Studio Pro was NOT updated, so STILL does not support bluray... ugh! I can't stand Encore.
Indeed, I think Updating DVD Studio Pro to version 5 would have caused a headache. Yet, you can still burn Blu-Ray with Menus directly from the new Compressor. That is at least more than we had before.

Anyone else notice how it didn't say anything about enhanced processor support in Snow Leopard? I was banking on this.

It's crazy that its already shipping and $299.00 upgrade is tasty.

-C
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders