First Outdoor Wedding with HMC150s at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old August 4th, 2009, 03:11 PM   #1
Major Player

First Outdoor Wedding with HMC150s

We did this Same Day Edit at last weekends wedding. It was the first wedding that we got to shoot outdoors for the ceremony with our HMC150s. I absolutely love the Panny colors outdoors. I thought the colors looked great indoors, but outdoors, the colors really shine through. I used a stock scene file and left all images untouched in the NLE. I think we lost a little "color pop" in encoding it for the web.

We actually had 6 cameras for the ceremony, but only three of them were used in the SDE. I shot Glidecam, Trisha was on the back camera, Deanna Summers from Wichita shot front camera, Aggie Brooks from DFW shot with an HVX200 on a jib, and then I had two locked down HDV cameras.
Oklahoma City Wedding Day Edit | Gaillardia Country Club | Von Wedding Films.com
Old August 4th, 2009, 06:32 PM   #2
Major Player

Mark, That was great !!! love all your jib shots and your Glidecam shots were very smooth, very well edited with the music, job well done :):)
was that a muslim wedding ?
Michael Ojjeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 06:57 PM   #3
Inner Circle

as usual you and Trish and the 'crew' did a wonderful job and while the POP wasn't there (probably from the upload) the colors looked great.
Old August 4th, 2009, 09:40 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ojjeh View Post
Mark, That was great !!! love all your jib shots and your Glidecam shots were very smooth, very well edited with the music, job well done :):)
was that a muslim wedding ?
Hi Michael,

Thanks. I didn't have any jib shots in the SDE. We only had time to edit in 3 cameras. They had a Persian ceremony as well as an American ceremony. All at the same location at the same time.
Old August 4th, 2009, 09:42 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom View Post
as usual you and Trish and the 'crew' did a wonderful job and while the POP wasn't there (probably from the upload) the colors looked great.

Hi Don,

Thanks. The colors don't look terrible, but they are a little washed out, compared to the non web version.
Old August 5th, 2009, 09:12 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Very nice job. I am sure the customer was thrilled.

Encoding for the web is quite a difficult task. I have found that video levels tend to go down a bit as well.

So I usually bump up the video level a bit and add some sharpening & saturation.

This is coming from Edius, encoding a Canopus HQ, then running through Adobe Media Encoder for Flash - f4v.

When I am finished with editing a project, I create a new timeline sequence in Edius, then with the finished material "add to bin" as a sequence and drop this onto the new timeline. So the edited material now is represented in the new timeline as one clip. On this clip I add the "internet" filters.

Any change to the original will be updated on the internet timeline if needed.

I have shot a bit outdoors with my HMC-150 and I like the "low" knee setting as it really reigns in the highlights for a 1/3" chip camera.

Panasonic cameras really are affected by the settings chosen and it taked a while to learn what looks best for the image you want.
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 12:08 PM   #7
Major Player

Beautifully done Mark. How on earth do you keep a low profile with 6 cameras for the ceremony though? Were any of them hidden in the bushes?
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 12:42 PM   #8
Major Player

I tried the link above to see the wedding video but it keeps saying BUFFERING when loading the movie.

Any ideas?

I have high-speed Internet and the latest flash player.

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 02:24 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Von Lanken View Post
Hi Michael,

Thanks. I didn't have any jib shots in the SDE. We only had time to edit in 3 cameras. .
The opening shots looked like a jib shots, nice camera work if that's the case :):)
Michael Ojjeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 01:34 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Hi Mark. Loved the video clip. I'm using the HMC150 too (well actually hmc151). I'm still experimenting with different scene files, custom and standard.

Could you tell us which scene file you used? Have you any custom settings?

Shot two weddings last weekend with scene file 4 (b-star), modified the matrix to NORM2 since I'm in PAL land, but have yet to look at the footage.

Cheers,
Scott
Scott Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #11
Major Player

Wow!

Great job!

I have the HMC-150 too and love it so far!

Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing.

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 09:08 PM   #12
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Polster View Post

...When I am finished with editing a project, I create a new timeline sequence in Edius, then with the finished material "add to bin" as a sequence and drop this onto the new timeline. So the edited material now is represented in the new timeline as one clip. On this clip I add the "internet" filters.

Any change to the original will be updated on the internet timeline if needed...
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the tips. I will try it out.
Old August 9th, 2009, 09:14 PM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren Arieli View Post
Beautifully done Mark. How on earth do you keep a low profile with 6 cameras for the ceremony though? Were any of them hidden in the bushes?
Hi Oren,

Thanks. Two of the cameras were unmanned at the back of the property. We had the crane off to one side during the processional, and then after the bride entered, we moved the crane into place behinds the seats. That covers three of the cameras.

For the other three, I had a traditional front and back camera, and then I roamed around on the Glidecam. You can get away with a lot more when shooting a ceremony outdoors versus a church wedding. I love outdoor ceremonies. I love the shots so many of my California friends get at their outdoor ceremonies and was glad that I finally had a chance...well...minus the beach. ;-)
Old August 9th, 2009, 09:15 PM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Zimmer View Post
I tried the link above to see the wedding video but it keeps saying BUFFERING when loading the movie.

Any ideas?

I have high-speed Internet and the latest flash player.

Simon
Hi Simon,

I'm sorry. We used a different encoding method that did not work as well. We have a new version up that should load much faster.
Old August 9th, 2009, 09:16 PM   #15
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ojjeh View Post
The opening shots looked like a jib shots, nice camera work if that's the case :):)
Hi Michael,

Yes, the opening shot is handheld. Thanks.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders