HMC40-Not recording short clips? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old October 3rd, 2009, 11:40 AM   #1
New Boot

HMC40-Not recording short clips?

Hey all,

Still messing with my HMC40 and taking short shots here and there to mess with in Vegas 9; I did one shot of a river near work that's was say about 5 seconds long. I remember seeing it record and then when trying to download it is nowhere to be seen, anyone have any ideas? Also with some clips much longer than 5 seconds I have tried to play on my tv but I get a "cannot Play" message popping up.

I am using a Sandisk Ultra II SDHC 4GB card w/ 15mbits speed I had before my camera purchase, is this maybe not compatible?
Old October 9th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Does that card have it's class on it anywhere? I'm pretty sure the AVCcAM's want to see at least a Class 4 card. I'd personally run 6's though.
Paul Digges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #3
Barry Wan Kenobi

Sound advice; I have an Ultra II that doesn't have a class rating on it, and it won't work in an AVC camera either.

Make sure your card is at least Class 4.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 10:26 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi Mike

My HMC72's run at only 13mbs and the Ultra II 's are worse than useless at this bitrate!!! I use a minimum of Class 6 cards and never have any issues. I actually found the genuine Transcend Class 6 cards to be extremely reliable and have no write issues whatsoever.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2009, 04:25 AM   #5
Trustee

That Sandisk card is a class 4 and it works with my GH1 but then again, the bit rate only averages 15MBPS verses 21MBPS of the HMC40. For that bit rate, it’s better to play it safe and get a class 6 like everybody mentioned.
Still, I’m not sure if that’s that problem that you had.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders