Hmc-150 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old October 21st, 2009, 02:52 PM   #1
New Boot

Hmc-150

The last couple of days i have been shooting day time video in 1080/60i and i`m getting considerable video noise. It seems i cant get away from night noise or day noise. Does anybody have suggestions for me?
Old October 21st, 2009, 03:24 PM   #2
Trustee

Did you black balance? I had this problem initially as I never had a camer that needed/offered black balancing.
Old October 21st, 2009, 03:28 PM   #3
New Boot

Ahhh me either my other camera is the Canon HF S10. So can you guide me through the process. This could be the problem.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 02:39 AM   #4
Major Player

To black balance the camera you hold the white balance button on the front of the camera down till you see ABB on the screen, which will go black as the camera closes the iris to balance black. Lasts about 2 seconds.

Panasonic recommends this after switching resolutions etc. It's in the manual somewhere. (Am I the only one that wishes panasonic had an index in their manuals?)
Denny Lajeunesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 07:06 AM   #5
Major Player

I agree.

The manual has some decent information but yes the index is missing big time among other things.

Amazing that such a big and professional company still can't make a very good manual.

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 09:32 AM   #6
Major Player

Let us know your settings and recording mode and post a screen capture when you get a chance.

Some people see a lot of very fine noise on some HDTV screens when played back from the HDMI and you are very close to the screen.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:49 PM   #7
Major Player

Yeah, for me on our 46" sharp aquos it was very noisy, edgy (detail) and bright compared to the component input.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 02:00 PM   #8
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kellam View Post
Let us know your settings and recording mode and post a screen capture when you get a chance.

Some people see a lot of very fine noise on some HDTV screens when played back from the HDMI and you are very close to the screen.
For daytime i`m using scene 1 and shooting in PH 1080/60i , I have also tried the spark scene and still have the noise. I know night time in low light conditions you cant advoid the noise but at daytime i should`nt be getting it.

I`m seeing the noise on my computer and on my Samsung tv.

I did set the ABB which i didnt know about so its never been set. I shot last night a accident in low light only using 6db of gain it seemed not as bad.

Can somebody share their settings with me for day shoots and nights. I would greatly appreciate it.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 02:17 PM   #9
Major Player

With you lens cap on or iris closed and Waveform on. Are you seeing any "noise" on the line near the black level?
Old October 22nd, 2009, 02:25 PM   #10
New Boot

Negative i am not seeing any noise on the waveform with the iris closed or the cap on.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders