1st shoot with HMC-150 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old October 28th, 2009, 10:55 PM   #1
Trustee

1st shoot with HMC-150

Been renting various HDV cams for a while and finally decided to stop giving money to the rental companies!

A few weeks ago I shot a music vid with the 170 and was blown away. The only hassle was we had 2 16 gig cards which at the resolution we shot gave us about 40 minutes. (or 10 takes of the 3:30 tune!)
So after much research, the 150 was in my budget range and 16 gig card yields 100 minutes at full quality? AWESOME!

Bought it last week and got to use it for real today and what a dream! shot about 60 minutes of vid with all sorts of subject matter.

Got back home and did the log&transfer in FCP...super fast, 20 minutes! (not even enough time to finish my lunch!) And the footage is stunning! Shot with the default 1080 60i. Even in the lower light footage, a couple of clicks of brightness in FCP and no discernible noise!

This camera simply rocks!!

I haven't been this excited over a new piece of gear since my first computer 20 years ago!!
Robert Turchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2009, 12:54 AM   #2
Major Player

Congratulations with your new cam. Enjoy it and may you make a ton of money with it.
Old October 29th, 2009, 06:26 AM   #3
Major Player

The HMC-150 does rock. I looked at the 170 too but those cards were a deal-breaker! Just WAY TOO expensive.

I love the HMC-150. I am NEVER going back to tape.

Enjoy your camera!

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2009, 06:27 AM   #4
Trustee

I love my 150 too. Might just be the best value of any prosumer camera.
Old November 14th, 2009, 10:06 AM   #5
Trustee

Last night ran a quick test on my new green screen and just for grins set up only one light. had my boys (3 & 4 yrs old) dance around. I stuck the footage in Motion (stock Primatte filter) and the key was darn near perfect off the bat and then in AE (stock Keylight filter) with the same result. I used 720 60p and setup a scene file with the detail level and v-detail all the way down, that's it! Didn't even white balance, just adjusted the gain. All I can say is this camera is going to be unreal when I do the proper setup of lights! And that's for a shoot tomorrow!
Robert Turchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2009, 11:18 AM   #6
Major Player

Congratulations on your successful choice. Isn't it great when a tool works right out of the box? I hope you have lots of fun and profit with your new HMC150.
Dan Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 08:39 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Turchick
Got back home and did the log&transfer in FCP...super fast, 20 minutes! (not even enough time to finish my lunch!) And the footage is stunning! Shot with the default 1080 60i. Even in the lower light footage, a couple of clicks of brightness in FCP and no discernible noise!
Hey Robert,

What's the specs of your mac that you're using out of curiosity?
Old November 17th, 2009, 10:31 PM   #8
Trustee

it's an 8-core Nehalem 2.66 with 16 gig RAM and the ATI 4870...about as badass as it gets on the Mac side of the world. I wanted to (and do all the time now) run FCP, AE, PS and AI all at the same time so I could speed up workflow with motion graphics and HD editing. It does this without even a hiccup.
Robert Turchick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders