Hmc40 price drop? Accessory advice at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old December 1st, 2009, 11:52 PM   #1
New Boot

Hmc40 price drop? Accessory advice

Since I am shopping, I am checking prices daily.
I believe the price at B&H has dropped by $100 dollars in the past day or so.
Was it not $1995 just a few days ago?

Also, since I don't want to break the bank with the 150 and extras, looks like the HMC40 will be my next purchase in a few days.
Can anyone give me some advice on extras I will want.
What about the Panny Wide Angle adapter, will take the lens to around same specs at the 150, no?
Should I get the XLR adapter and a shotgun mic, which one?
Any better cheaper solution? Also, what about a nice light to shoot my son's xmas play next week? What about the comer 900 I saw mentioned in the forums, is it good?
Comer CM-LBPS900 On-Camera LED Light | L.A. Color Shop
Thanks again!
Michael Bargeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:03 AM   #2
Trustee

It's been $1995 for a while at B&H and it's good that they're lowering by $100. Even Amazon has decided to lower the price.

Getting the AG-MYA30G XLR adapter is a very good idea if you want to mic a couple of people talking and to be able to hook up XLR shot gun mics natively into the camera.

Another more complicated option would be to get the H4N.
Zoom | H4n Handy Mobile 4-Track Recorder | H4N | B&H Photo Video
Although it would be harder to carry around together since the other unit can attach to the camera. Also with the H4N, you'd have to link up the audio to the video manually. The H4N may sound better but it'll cause you to do more work so the adapter probably is the better choice for you.

I can't help you much on choosing a brand for lighting but LEDs is a good start.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:07 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Michael,

The HMC40 could definetely benefit from a wide angle lens and if you need XLR inputs the Panasonic XLR adapter is ideal. For a shotgun mic, I like the Rode NTG-1.

I like the Comer 1800 better than the Comer 900. Not only does the 1800 have more power, but more importantly, it has a dimmer. If the 900 had a dimmer, I would certainly consider it, but without the dimmer, it's not nearly as versatile as the 1800.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 12:47 PM   #4
New Boot

wireless mic

Mark:
what do you use for wireless?
what would you suggest for me on a budget for family stuff.
Thanks!
Michael Bargeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 02:25 PM   #5
Major Player

Hi Michael,

I use the Sennheiser G2 wireless systems. You can find a wireless system for a little less, but the quality is less as well. Sennheiser recently came out with their new G3 system so you may be able to find a good deal on the older G2 system, that is if dealers still have the G2s in stock.

If you think you may need the ability to have a handheld mic as well as a lav mic, I would go with the three piece system that has the lav/transmitter, receiver and the XLR plug transmitter. With the XLR plug transmitter you can plug in a handheld mic or take a feed from a sound board or other sound sources.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders