Best 0.7X wideangle for the HMC40? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old February 23rd, 2010, 01:34 AM   #31
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senad Svraka View Post
Looked at it. Doesn't seem to have a filter thread...
For very good reason Senad. They don't want you fitting filters (two extra air-to-glass surfaces) when you're working at focal lengths in the 2.5 mm region. It's hard enough keeping both surfaces of the aspheric absolutely spotless; adding a filter doubles your problems.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:24 PM   #32
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Avery View Post
The Schneider Optics Century .5x for 43mm does vignette on the HMC40. The .5x does not vignette on most other 37mm and 43mm cameras.

The .65x that we manufacture does not vignette on this camera and is full zoom-through so we recommend it for this camera.

As a matter of course, we offer front filter threads on our attachments because many users want to buy polarizers and ND filters for these to enhance the professional look of the images. Diffusion filters will not work well on these cameras with adapters because of the short focal lengths but regular polarizers and ND filter effects work well.

Flare is a possible issue when using any wide angle adapter but has not been strongly reported by users to us or during my experiences using the adapters for sample images.

Check out our .65x here:

.65X WIDE ANGLE CONVERTER 43MM - Schneider Optics

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics
As long as you remove the inner lens hood(what Panasonic calls it) the Century 0.5 will screw in further and you will not get any vignette
Brian Rapoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 12:22 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Wow, I just took mine off and you're right, it would probably move the adapter a good 2-3mm closer ot the lens. Good call.

Although when I finally pick mine up, I think I'll like the vignetting it creates, unless it's a fairly dramatic vignette.
Paul Digges is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders