This looks exciting, 4/3" cmos @ 1080p at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old April 12th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #1
Trustee

This looks exciting, 4/3" cmos @ 1080p

They don't mention the price point though :(

Panasonic announces Micro Four-Thirds camcorder: Digital Photography Review
Old April 13th, 2010, 12:23 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Price point on an article I read put it at 6 grand.

Should definitely be an interesting camera.
Paul Digges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 09:31 PM   #3
Major Player

6k? I'm out...
Old April 16th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole McDonald View Post
Even at 6K it's going to be interesting. While the sensor size is not as big as the 5D2 for instance, you should still be able to get reasonably shallow DOF, and the sensor should be designed to withstand long shooting times, whereas the 5D2 etc overheat quite quickly.
Old April 16th, 2010, 10:55 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I just got back from NAB, the price point is around $6,000. However, it may be at that point OR it may be lower. We'll know more by DV EXPO (December) when it comes out....

Here's a short video looking over the camera. I'm really sorry that the lighting was very poor and I had to use an LED Flashlight that I had for a fill-in light.

The image sensor if close in size to 35mm movie film, so getting a shallow DOF should be easy with this camera. It also records to SDHC Memory cards, just like the HMC40 & HMC150.

Bob Diaz
Bob Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:21 PM   #6
Major Player

Af-100

This camera for Panasonic will bring back the push they experienced with the DVX-100. I still use my DVX and in general love the cinema look that camera gives right out of the box. I also have a Sony EX3 which is another fine camera but the AF-100, if Panasonic keeps to the agenda, will be a very good challenge to higher end cameras when used with something like the NanoFlash. I've heard that HD/SDI out-put with this kind of censor will make 4 K possible? Interesting considering Red's scarlet will be arriving sometime in the Fall of 2010. Except for the faster fps on the Red ... this camera will certainly put a dent in sales of the fixed lens low end scarlet.
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 04:14 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Harrington View Post
This camera for Panasonic will bring back the push they experienced with the DVX-100.
I think you are spot on. This is a very exciting camera and well worth the 6k.
Steve Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 04:56 PM   #8
Major Player

Now lets see what we have here. A camera with all the video qualities of a 2ti, (say $1000) with all the audio qualities of a H4n (say $350) . So let's add a bit to remove the 12 minute limit and the still photo stuff and to put everything in one box. Just because $20000 would have been a reasonable price for such a camera a few years ago does not mean that anything more than $2000 is reasonable for such a camera today.
Rainer Listing is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders