cineform neoscene at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old April 21st, 2010, 10:52 AM   #1
New Boot

cineform neoscene

I'm planning on buying the hmc 150, but i have cs3 which does not edit avchd files natively. i wasnt planning on upgrading my software to cs4 or 5, so i need something to transcode my video from the camera. in past forums i've read that in cs3 ppro, once you transcode the files and try to put them on the timeline, the audio has a slight dropout in it where you butt the clips together. in order to fix it, you then have to put it in something called MTS merger, to have the audio seemless, then you can finally start your edit. whew i'm tired already. now i've heard about CINEFORM NEO SCENE. does anyone have any experience with this software? i'm hoping this will transcode the video and have the audio seemless all in one. help
Ricco Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 01:23 PM   #2
Major Player

Download the trial and see for yourself...

Cineform Neoscene

I own both the HMC150 and NEO SCENE, and they work very well together. ( be prepared for files that are 5x the size of the original AVCHD size, but play and edit much more smoothly than AVCHD native does )
Guy McLoughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:14 PM   #3
Tourist

Cineform Neoscene

Edius software comes bundled with the HMC150 (see: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasoni...april-1st.html) which will allow you to edit and export/recode your AVCCAM streams. You can use that until you get CS5 since CS5 will eat AVCCAM footage raw with their new Mercury Engine (ok, "reportedly" but when has Adobe mislead us?? :-)

So really both Neoscene and it's expense are superfluous now that CS5 has been released IMHO.

And Guy is very right about the HUGE file sizes created by Neoscene. Go with Adobe.
David Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:40 PM   #4
Trustee

Keep in mind we don't know yet what Mercury is going to be like on an unsupported video card. Right now only a few video cards are supported. Also keep in mind that all the video demos I have seen were done with an 8 physical core system with a video card that costs more then most of our editing systems. Heck even CS4 runs well on a system like that. Don't get me wrong, CS5 will be much better, just make sure you have the right hardware to go with it or else you will not get the same results as we all saw in the demos. I have yet to see any videos or benchmarks done with the Nvidia GTX285 which is much cheaper. There may be a good reason why we haven't seen anything yet outside of the blazing Quadro cards used. I'm sure we will know more in a couple of months.
Thomas Smet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 07:12 PM   #5
Tourist

Good point, Thomas. Hopefully the rest of us non-Adobe employees can run CS5 without having to buy new systems. I hope I didn't sound like an Adobe commercial. I have no association with them.

To the original question though, Edius Neo Booster will do the job without the expense, hassle and storage needs of Neoscene. And it's free with the camera.
David Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 07:39 PM   #6
New Boot

cineform neoscene

Actually, CS4 doesn't really run that great on high-end hardware, it is better, but not even close to what it could be. I have a HPZ800, dual Xeon5590's, 36GB of RAM and an Nvidia Quadro3800 which should just scream...but it is more of a shout than a scream. Sure, it goes faster than my previous Q9550 single quad chip, but doesn't take full advantage of everything on my system. From the demo's I have seen that also run on a similarly configured machine it runs much faster...at least it better:)
David Bowlby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bowlby View Post
Actually, CS4 doesn't really run that great on high-end hardware, it is better, but not even close to what it could be. I have a HPZ800, dual Xeon5590's, 36GB of RAM and an Nvidia Quadro3800 which should just scream...but it is more of a shout than a scream. Sure, it goes faster than my previous Q9550 single quad chip, but doesn't take full advantage of everything on my system. From the demo's I have seen that also run on a similarly configured machine it runs much faster...at least it better:)
wow how much did it cost?
Tom Bostick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders