First bad card at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old June 29th, 2010, 07:04 AM   #1
Trustee

First bad card

For the first time I put a card in my camera and got a "check card" error. I couldnt format it or anything the weird part is it was one of the Panasonic 8 gigs that I hardly every used. Only a few times. oh well at least it happend before the shoot.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:02 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Randy

My only card failure made me "blackball" the card so I don't use it again. I was up to probably the 15th or so clip (doing a property shoot where we do one room per clip) the camera went into record perfectly and I shot around 3 minutes of footage but it never went out of record. I just turned the cam off, took out the card and used a new one. I should have copied the previous 15 clips over and then seen if the recovery software could save the 16th clip but I didn't!!

After formatting the card worked fine but as it failed around the 4GB mark I will never know if the card would do the same thing after recording 4GB of data...it was safer to just scrap it.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hmmm, haven't had any problems with my 16gb Panny Class 10's yet. I haven't some close to filling either of them yet though either.
Paul Digges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:09 PM   #4
Trustee

oh I chucked it:) I cant take chances like that.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:05 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I'm looking at buying 16gb Hoodman cards. They boast a zero failure rate. Anybody have any experience with them or think they are worth the money? A 16gb will run me about $90.
Adam Haro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 03:52 PM   #6
Major Player

Sounds about par, price-wise, with the ATP Promax SDHC cards -- they also have a good reputation, and are industrial rated. The Sandisk Extreme SDHC cards also draw favorable reviews.

I not familiar with the Hoodman.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders