DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/)
-   -   AG-AF100 List Price only $4995! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/485061-ag-af100-list-price-only-4995-a.html)

Andy Shipsides September 21st, 2010 07:53 PM

AG-AF100 List Price only $4995!

I didn't see this posted anywhere else on the site, but Jan from Panasonic has confirmed today that the list price on the AF100 is only $4995. Very exciting news for sure. We have a pre-order list going already so let me know if you want on it. :)

Andy

Dylan Couper September 22nd, 2010 09:44 AM

Is there any talk of a kit/bundled lens combo?

Olakunle Olanrewaju September 23rd, 2010 10:04 AM

let the price war begins

Bob Diaz September 24th, 2010 09:33 AM

DV Expo is coming to LA 9/29 --> 9/30 and I'd expect at that price point it's going to be hard to get close to the camera in the Panasonic Booth. (Smile)

IF Panasonic doesn't do some sort of bundle, I can see the major stores doing some sort of promotion bundle.

Bob Diaz

Jan Crittenden Livingston October 3rd, 2010 07:19 AM

I am thinking that I am going to let the dealers bundle the camera because once I bundle them I can't ship unless it is that bundle someone wants. That means I could have camera orders, but only bundles in stock and I can't ship anything.

However I believe the dealers will really put together nice packages for you guys.

Hope that helps,

Jan

Daniel Caruso October 3rd, 2010 09:59 AM

hi jan, has panasonic decided on a canadian price, or can we expect it to be roughly the conversion to canadian dollars? thanks!

Brad Parler October 4th, 2010 03:29 PM

Price Wars & Panasonic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olakunle Olanrewaju (Post 1572128)
let the price war begins

Actually, Panasonic is very good about enforcing MAP pricing very rarely do you see someone who has an off-the-wall low price on genuine Panasonic gear.

BTW - TapeWorks Texas is taking pre-orders on the AF100 at $4795.00
Panasonic AG-AF100 Micro Four Thirds CineCam(Cinema Camcorder)

Olakunle Olanrewaju October 5th, 2010 02:42 AM

[QUOTE=Brad Parler;1575566]Actually, Panasonic is very good about enforcing MAP pricing very rarely do you see someone who has an off-the-wall low price on genuine Panasonic gear.

I am talking about the competition as whole with sony bringing on new cam as well.

Andy Shipsides October 5th, 2010 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Diaz (Post 1572484)
IF Panasonic doesn't do some sort of bundle, I can see the major stores doing some sort of promotion bundle.

We are working on bundles now at several different levels. Do you have any suggestions for bundles?

Here is our pre-order page - Panasonic AG-AF100 Micro Four Thirds Professional HD Camcorder :: Compact HD Cameras :: Cameras :: Equipment Sales :: Abel Cine Tech

Andy

Daniel Caruso October 5th, 2010 04:45 PM

hi andy, would you have a rough estimate on how much shipping would be to canada?

as for packages, i know for myself (budget and i only have various FD lenses now with my redrock), i am going to add zeiss ZF with my kit over time. hoping for one or two at time of purchase. FF as well if redrock releases the V3 in time, if not after.

Brad Parler October 6th, 2010 11:25 AM

AG-AF100 vs NEX???

[quote=Olakunle Olanrewaju;1575682]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad Parler (Post 1575566)
Actually, Panasonic is very good about enforcing MAP pricing very rarely do you see someone who has an off-the-wall low price on genuine Panasonic gear.

I am talking about the competition as whole with sony bringing on new cam as well.

I don't really think that the Sony NEX-VG10 or NEX-5 is even the the same ballpark is as the AG-AF100. The Sony offering is cool, but it's not a pro camera (aimed at the prosumers) missing pro audio inputs, HD-SDI out (for higher bit rate recording), as well as scopes etc. Must say that the APS (being 30 - 40% larger than a M43) is nice, but not if you sacrifice pro features.

Also - as to kits, everyone out there is going to be about the same on price. Some may have an advantage over others with exclusives, but TapeWorks is here to meet everyone of your production needs!

Ryan Mast October 7th, 2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Shipsides (Post 1575722)
We are working on bundles now at several different levels. Do you have any suggestions for bundles?

Andy, I'd love to have a AJA Ki Pro Mini and an Anton Bauer Gold Mount battery system in a bundle. Anything like that in the works?