HDC-TM700 and FCP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old October 5th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #1
Trustee

HDC-TM700 and FCP

We just got a TM700, it looks great just playing around with it but the manual is almost useless.

We want to record 1920x1080 30P but I can't find any mention of frame rates in the manual, for recording modes it has something like 1920 HA and HG for example and mostly refers to record times.

Also, I'm on a Mac an the memory card does not appear in the finder when I plug it into the card reader [which is on the side of the monitor and I have never used this type of memory, CF cards work well].

Is there software available that will read this on a Mac and convert it to ProRes?

Thanks
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #2
Trustee

The HD modes are 1080 60i, 1080 24p with pull-down and 1080 60p. Theirs no 1080 30p. You can try hooking up an SDHC card reader to your MAC and put the card inside.

Eventually a free way to work with the files was discovered in this thread.
Apple - Support - Discussions - Importing from a Panasonic HDC TM700 ...

I would rather purchase ClipWrap which is less confusing. It can take the files out of the .MTS or .M2TS wrapper and turn them into QuickTime readable MP4 files. You don't loose any quality this way. It can also shoot out to 1080 60p ProRes.
ClipWrap
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2010, 01:49 AM   #3
Trustee

Thanks for the reply.

Interestingly FCP's Log and Transfer recognizes the camera and imports the clips directly into ProRes. I'll have to try an SDHC card reader.

How do you get the TM700 into 24P?
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders