I'm finally getting the HMC-150 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old October 12th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

I'm finally getting the HMC-150

I've been lusting after it ever since I got my HMC-40 and saw how great it was. The 150 will be in my hot little hands tomorrow; Barry's 150 book has been in my hands since the weekend. I've got a cruise coming up at the end of the month, what better time to break in a new camera. Woo-hoo!
Old October 12th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #2
Regular Crew

way cool, I just got one a few weeks ago and must say I sure love the feel and manual controls of the camera. John
John Abbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 08:37 PM   #3
Major Player

congrats!

message too short
Tom Bostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 10:08 PM   #4
New Boot

HMC Rocks! and for sale

Yeah, I love my HMC's. Got a few of them. Love it.. I shoot mostly in scene file F5 for anything with good light and F4 for darker scenes.

I am also selling one of my HMC's in a few months to get a AF-100. very low hours.. Anyone interested? I will post in the for sale section as well!

Thanks,
brian
Brian Press is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Interested

Hey Brian I am going to be buying an HMC150 soon and I am interested in yours.
Wendell Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Hi Sherri

Well done!!! I will be very interested in your views between the 150 and your old 40 once you have had a chance to play with it!! BTW: Your aftermarket batteries that you bought for the HMC40 will drop right into the 150!!

We will undoubtably be seeing some great footage and your comments after the cruise???

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #7
Major Player

Congratulations Sherri! I'll be looking forward to your HMC150's first cruise video.
Dan Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 09:14 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I'm playing with the HMC-150...

I'm aghast at how small the viewfinder image is. Is there some setting I'm missing to make the VF full screen? It's like looking inside a shadowbox. And that's a big issue for me as I use the viewfinder rather than the LCD screen.

However, I haven't had much time to examine the camera yet tonight. Who knows, I might end up taking both the 40 and the 150 on the cruise.

And yep, Chris, I snapped on the Ebay battery and the 150 fired right up.
Old October 14th, 2010, 02:35 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Hi Sherri

You get used to it..I think it's much the same as my EVF!! I presume you know that it has a diopter adjustment and quite often the lever is set way back!! Just play with it until it's nice and sharp and that will probably also increase the aparent image size too!!!

Glad the battery works!! Now and again, one of my batteries will lose communication when it's first clipped in and give an error but turning the cam off and then on again solves the issue. I don't mind the occasional glitch like that for the huge cost saving!!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2010, 07:22 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Chris,

I sure hope I get used to the viewfinder. I did adjust the diopter and that does help --- a little.

My cat is going to hate me over the weekend because I will be following her around with the HMC-150 to test it.
Old October 14th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #11
Inner Circle

Hi Sherri

It purely a matter of watching the image and the "shadow box" will be put out of your mind..I just looked thru my HMC72 and golly gosh!! It IS like a shadow box in there...BUT only cos you told me about it!!

In time you will concentrate on the image instead of looking at the black sides of the EVF and they will become un-important!! I use my EVF probably 99% of the time..Very occasionally I will fold the LCD down against the body if the cam is running un-attended so I can glance to see if all is OK (I did a seminar last night and the lady did two 25 min talks!! so you don't want to have to be glued to an EVF all that time)

The HMC80 has changed all that now as they have put a full 3" LCD inside the EVF and dropped the normal LCD position...flip up the eyepiece and you have an LCD, flip it down and you have an EVF!! I think the 150 also has the same mini LCD as the 70 and it's minute!! 0.44" (less than 1/2") hence the box problem!!

Give us your thoughts when you have worn out the cat!!! If only they brought out a shoulder-mount HMC150 I would buy two instantly!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders