TM700: Vulture Mine, Wickenburg AZ at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old November 8th, 2010, 08:39 PM   #1
Major Player

TM700: Vulture Mine, Wickenburg AZ

One of finest true ghost towns in the American West, Vulture City grew up around the mine discovered by Henry Wickenburg. Twelve miles southwest of the city that now bears Wickenburg’s name, the Vulture Mine and Vulture City once had a population of almost 5,000 souls. Its history was marked by violence and tragedy. Eighteen of Vulture City’s former residents swung to eternity at the end of a hangman’s noose dangling from the branches of the ancient ironwood tree that still thrives next to the ruins of Henry Wickenburg’s old cabin. More died in robberies or through many other acts of terminal lawlessness. A few of those souls are said to haunt the many buildings of the decaying town. (by: Richard Maack)

On different weekends, a Canon EOS 7D and Panasonic HDC-TM700 were used to shoot two separate videos for comparison. This is the Panasonic HDC-TM700 result.

Canon EOS 7D video here: vimeo.com/​16598062

Panasonic HDC-TM700
Benro C068M8 Tripod
Manfrotto 700RC2 Head
Polarizer

Dan Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Very interesting and useful comparison - Thanks! I guess you shot the TM700 stuff at 60p. It is noticeable sharper than the 7D footage.
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:25 PM   #3
Major Player

It's a frustrating thing, wide, medium and close shots with the HMC40 and TM700 are most always very sharp. Wide shots with the 7D are seldom impressive and even less so with landscapes.
Dan Carter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders