HMC-80 Audio Need Help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old November 16th, 2010, 05:56 PM   #1
New Boot

HMC-80 Audio Need Help

Just fired up my new HMC-80 and shot some video at a Veterans' Day Ceremony. Used a separate mic (Sennheiser shotgun) on channel 2. Come to find out it is not like the HMC-40 with the AG-MYG30A where I can take channel 2 and output to both L&R channels. So how do I take what I have already recorded and get it on both channels? Is there any setting on the 80 that will do this?

Maybe I have to do it in post, but I can't find a way in Corel StudioPro X3 (current NLE). I am upgrading to CS5, but not there yet. Any suggestions?
Randy Lintecum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 09:31 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Randy

The 80 uses the same audio module as the 70 so the XLR channels are dedicated right and left.

I use Sony Vegas and if I have only recorded on say, the right channel then I just select in my NLE "Right Channel Only" and it creates a mono track in the NLE BUT feeds both speakers of course. See if Corel allows you to select just one track and it surely must do the same as Vegas.

With mono Shotgun mics you are recording in Mono so you only need a single channel for the audio.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 10:25 PM   #3
Regular Crew

My old DVC60 is the same as your HMC80. When I bring the clip into Premier I go into the audio effects and select fill left or fill right depending on which track I was using.
Adam Haro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 12:38 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi Adam

Quite correct too!! The 70 used the DVC60 body and audio section. (Probably a lot more too)
It was pretty obvious that Premiere would be able to allocate track so Corel should be able to as well!!

I have never used Corel Studio Pro at all...I wonder if Chris Hurd has a forum for those users..that would be the easiest solution.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 01:31 PM   #5
New Boot

Adam and Chris - thanks! I will try that on Premier. It will sound a lot better coming out of two speakers!
Randy Lintecum is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders