DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/)
-   -   Panasonic HDC-TM700: looking for raw test video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/488711-panasonic-hdc-tm700-looking-raw-test-video.html)

Jon Pavli December 9th, 2010 07:19 PM

Panasonic HDC-TM700: looking for raw test video

Hi,

I am close to buying a small HD camera and I would like to see how the video imports into the computer and NLE software. I would be happy for 3-10 seconds of ANYTHING. I want the video exactly the way it transfers from the camera. Can anyone help me out?

It is between the Panasonic and Canon Vixia HF S20.

Thanks, Jon

Dan Carter December 9th, 2010 10:53 PM

Hello Jon,

This should help.

Good luck with your choice.

Gregory Gatz December 10th, 2010 12:03 PM

Dan,

I think Jon wants an actual file to play with.
Is that Vimeo clip downloadable?

Right clicking doesn't offer a download option .

Jon Pavli December 10th, 2010 12:04 PM

Hi Dan,

Thanks for replying to my request. I was wondering if you could upload the actual mts file to one of the free file sharing sites (yousendit.com, megaupload.com, etc)? The Vimeo video great, but it is a mp4 file if I save it to my computer.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Jon

Buba Kastorski December 10th, 2010 12:55 PM

Gorgeous video and very good sample, and Jon, it is in MTS format

Jon Pavli December 10th, 2010 01:20 PM

Buba,

Am I missing something that I don't understand? I was able to save the Vimeo video, but again, it was a mp4 file. Not a mts. I thought when you upload video to Vimeo (or other sites), they generally convert it to mp4 or flash. Sorry to be a pain, but I just want a few seconds of raw mts video to play around and edit with in my computer's NLE system.

Cheers, Jon

Gregory Gatz December 10th, 2010 01:36 PM

Jon,
Unless someone beats me to it, I will get something for you later today ..

Greg

Jon Pavli December 10th, 2010 01:50 PM

Gregory,

Thank you so much. I will let you know if someone else comes through for me. In the meantime, I will look for your video. I really appreicate it!

Cheers, Jon

Dan Carter December 10th, 2010 02:34 PM

Hi Guys,

If you're a member of Vimeo, click on the title of the clip in my original response. This will take you to the clip on Vimeo's site. Be sure you're logged in to Vimeo. Look below and to the right of the video window under "About this Video" and click "Download this video". Good luck.

The clip is 1080 60p.

Jon Pavli December 10th, 2010 04:32 PM

Dan,

Thank you so much for sharing and educating me Vimeo (ie downloading the clip). Never knew that was possible. Again, great video. I appreicated all that have offered to help out. This is a great community!

Cheers, Jon

Jeremy Dallek December 12th, 2010 02:14 AM

Vimeo clips are usually downloadable in the uploaded format for a week, best bet is to search for tm700, sort by most recent, and see if anyone uploaded the raw file.

Jack Zhang December 12th, 2010 04:09 AM

He (Dan) is a Plus user, his original file stays up as long as he pays for the Plus membership.

But any registered Vimeo user can download the file. The public can't, but Vimeo users can.

Mark Williams December 12th, 2010 09:25 AM

Dan,
Thanks for posting that clip as I wanted to see what 1080 60p looked like played off a timeline after slowing it down. Quick question. I had to render the clip before it would play realtime. Do you have to render on your NLE?

Thanks,
Mark

Dan Carter December 12th, 2010 10:27 AM

Greetings Mark,

I use a Windows 7 PC. Window 7 is the only version which provides native support for playing AVCHD (MTS) files. This native support allows thumbnailing and cataloging clips in popular DAMs (Windows Live Photo Gallery, Picasa). Sony Vegas NLEs can also edit without conversion.

Russ Ivey December 16th, 2010 12:56 PM

Windows 7 and Vegas Compatibility

Yeah, thank God!