Can't get TM700 into Digital Cinema (24p) mode at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old February 27th, 2011, 06:29 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Can't get TM700 into Digital Cinema (24p) mode

I've been experimenting and as expected, the low light performance of the TM700 is better in 60i than 60p albeit lower bitrate. I wanted to test 24p or what Panasonic calls Digital Cinema mode. But, that setting is always grey'd out. I've followed the manual's instructions to put the camera into HA1920 mode but no joy....going into Record Setup, that option is not selectable. Any ideas? TIA
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 07:30 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Can't get TM700 into Digital Cinema (24p) mode

Hi

Do you have Colour Nightmode turned on? If this is on you can't select 24p, simply because Colour Nightmode is less than 24 frames per second anyway.

Also try clicking on it even though it is greyed out, it should tell you the reason.

Regards

Phil
Phil Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 02:17 PM   #3
Inner Circle

It says "Set Optical Mode" or something similar. I thought it was a nonsensical asian-speak message. But looking at it as a hint, it turns out that in order to shoot 24p, the intelligent zoom must be turned off.

Once past that, I was able to set the DC mode on and the light performance improved (about 8% using the built in meter).

HOWEVER, it is very annoying that the camera does not remember the Digital Cinema mode setting. After switching to 60p and then back to 1920HA, DC mode was off. Very annoying.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 11:29 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi

Ah so for some reason you can't use the extra digital zoom when in 24p mode. Very odd why that limitation is there but it works okay for 60p, which is the same thing but with more frames per second.

Regards

Phil
Phil Lee is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders