Simultaneous video outs at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old March 1st, 2011, 12:34 PM   #1
New Boot

Simultaneous video outs

Planning on big interview studio shoot with AF100 this weekend. DP is bringing his Small HD montior, with HD/SDI in. Thing is, he wants to mount that on camera for focus assist - and I doubt I'll always be in a position to see it. So I need some kind of client monitor. Typically I use a really cheesy but effective DVD clamshell monitor with composite video in. All I really care about is framing. Wondering if I can get simultaneous SDI and composite video outs with the AF100? Or maybe there's a better solution.
Thanks, Nick.
Nick Ravich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 05:14 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Simultaneous video outs

Nick,
These things might be able to help you figure out what you can do. You might want to get an HDSDI splitter and a second HD monitor. Not clear if there is a composite out separate from the SDI.

Check out this link to get a manual if you don't have one

Operations Manuals for the AG-AF100

Page 43 from advanced PDF about AF 100

E
d
it
in
g
When outputting video and audio signals from the camera to an external device, connect to the

input terminals of the external device.
Use a double-shielded HDMI cable (not included).

It is recommended that you use Panasonic’s HDMI cable.

This product is not compatible with VIERA Link.

Limitations of image output

When using SDIOUT output, side LCD and EVF cannot be operated simultaneously. In order to perform

simultaneous operation, set the SDI OUT on the settings menu AV IN/OUT SETUP to OFF. When the
EVF MODE on the settings menu DISPLAY SETUP is set to AUTO, EVF disappears upon opening/
closing of the LCD.
No HDMI output is performed when REC FORMAT is set to 1080/24p and SDI 24Ps is set to ON.

When SDI&HDMI OUT SEL is set to DOWNCONV, SIDE CROP is disabled in the DOWNCON MODE

settings, and SQUEEZE is enabled automatically.
Some displays, such as time code display and audio level meter display may not be visible on the videos

output from the VIDEO OUT terminal.
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2011, 07:15 PM   #3
New Boot

Re: Simultaneous video outs

Thanks Daniel.
Nick Ravich is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders