DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/)
-   -   Tm-750 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/494465-tm-750-a.html)

Jason McDonald April 12th, 2011 06:00 AM

Tm-750

I'm wondering if anyone knows what the equivalent would be in your part of the world.

This is the latest that is apparently only available in Japan. It's built in memory and ability to use the 3D lens is one of the major differences that sets it apart from the TM-700...but I'm not sure what else.

I'm going to shoot some sakura tomorrow and will post some results.

Andy Wilkinson April 15th, 2011 01:46 AM

Re: Tm-750

Jason, I believe (I may be wrong as this is from memory when I was researching TM700 versus TM900) that the TM750 has upgraded Hybrid Optical Image Stabilisation, identical to the one on the TM900 but a step up (supposedly, if you read the marketing blurb) from the TM700...."twice as effective etc." Certainly, it seems pretty good on my TM900.

My feeling was that the TM750 is almost half-way model between the 700 and 900 (if not numerically!) in view of this feature.

The TM900 has a 20x iZoom feature (i.e. combined optical and digital zooming maintaining Full HD resolution) but I believe the TM700 is capped at 14x (before you get into any horrible digital only zoom processing). Not sure what the cap is on the TM750 but that may be another area to look for a potential difference. As my test videos have shown, the iZoom on the TM900 is pretty sharp and effectitive - well worth having. But I've read of people buying TM750s and selling the 3D lens on eBay and ending up with a super camera for a great price of ownership! Picture quality should be as near as anything identical in almost all other uses otherwise.

Jason McDonald April 15th, 2011 03:42 AM

From what I read it's 18x of iA zoom. I have it set so that it won't zoom beyond that. It has 96GB built-in memory. The image stabilization is like nothing I've seen (Being able to turn it on and off so quickly via the menu to see the difference.)

I didn't buy it with the 3D attachment. That is sold separately at around 400USD. Since I don't have a 3D TV or have a clue as to whether my NLE's or PC for that matter can handle the files in 3D or how to properly edit 3D, it's not something I'm interested in. The TM650 was 300 USD cheaper, but not as big 32GB less memory, stereo mic and no ring to adjust different settings.

Panasonic Japan wasn't able to give me a clear answer on a U.S equivalent so I don't know who else to ask...it is beautiful though.

Andy Wilkinson April 15th, 2011 03:59 AM

I agree with you about 3D - I've zero interest in that too! 96GB on-board flash memory sounds pretty decent - that's hours and hours of lovely 1080p50! Enjoy it!