DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/)
-   -   Shoulder mount (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/495718-shoulder-mount.html)

Randy Johnson May 10th, 2011 01:03 PM

Shoulder mount

anyone ever see this?
Panasonic VW-SP7E Shoulder Pad

Chris Harding May 10th, 2011 05:30 PM

Re: Shoulder mount

Hey Randy

Those are my gear suppliers!! Great bunch based in New Zealand...!! Now they only mention the DVX and HVX not the HMC cameras at all.

In my opinion you really do need a shoulder mount where the camera is offset and can be adjusted left or right so it becomes practical to drop a loupe onto the LCD screen and use it as a EVF...using the normal EVF, especially with an HMC150 means that the entire camera is forward of your eye so that means some serious balance issues as all the weight is forward...not good for long hauls!!! With my HMC82's I already get fatigue at weddings and it all comes from the fact that the weight of the camera is all in the front (busy looking at a decent mount to reduce that at present)

That rig (especially at that price) would work fine if you intend to use the camera and focus just using the LCD screen on it's own.

Chris

Randy Johnson May 10th, 2011 06:24 PM

I was going to buy one just for kicks and maybe get a loup for the side mounted viewfinder and try and rig my antonbauer to the back but I wasnt going to pay by wire transfer and I cant find it anywhere else so for now im ordered this.
Camcorder Pods| Camcorder Stabilizers | Camcorder Brace | Camera Brace | Camcorder Equipment | Camera Accessories | Video Camera Support Equipment | Video Innovators 970-390-5142
im going to try and put a anton bauer gold mount on the back. Later this summer when I get money coming in im going big and im going to get this!
ST-7JP Cameras Support

that looks like it will make my hmc 150 feel like a real camera again.

Chris Harding May 10th, 2011 11:51 PM

Hi Randy

$1000!!! That seems a bit excessive for a shoulder mount!! It doesn't look like much for all that money!!

Wouldn't it be nice if Panasonic put the 150 insides into a HMC80 body??? That would be a genuine shoulder mount with all the advantages...the loupe EVF on the 80 is awesome..I used my friend's 70 the other day (actually my old camera!) and using the EVF was like looking down a tunnel with a tiny image at the end... I have beeen spoilt now with the 80's EVF!!!

However, I guess if that mount does the job better than anything else then it could be a good investment... still it's nearly 1/3rd of the cost of the camera!!

Chris

Randy Johnson May 11th, 2011 12:05 AM

I agree on the price but it does give me a few things that I need. 1. Anton bauer capabilitys 2. A nice big handle to carry to around (doesnt sound like much but it is kinda big deal for me 3. The ability to use a pro Sony mounting plate true quick release! It also looks like it makes the camera smaller and more compact like a real camera. IDX has something just like it but its no cheaper. My hope is that by the time im ready to buy other companies will catch on and make ones simular and cheaper.

Randy Johnson May 11th, 2011 12:10 AM

mmm... maybe a bit cheaper

IDX A-CA74E