TM900 and Editing the 50p files - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old August 23rd, 2011, 02:05 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: TM900 and Editing the 50p files

Well I just finished viewing my newly burnt Blu Ray on my Sony BR Player and 50" LG Plasma and I gotta say I am gobbsmacked!! I used VMS to create a 1280 x 720 50p MPEG 2 BR compliant file which I burnt with Corel DVD Movie Factory and the results are outstanding. I found it very hard to notice the difference between the full resolution 1080 50p file and the 720 50p file.

I am VERY happy with my workflow to create my 50p videos. I am off to Thailand for a 3 week holiday in October/November and I can't wait to take my new toy and grab some awesome footage. It will make my return home a bit exiting as well as I'll be keen to create a HQ video diary.

Cheers,
Ian
Ian Cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 07:08 AM   #17
New Boot

yes i think ill wait for panasonic to announce there new hardware AVCHD 2,im sure the new GH3 will be 1080 50p well hope so :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
Hi
Vegas doesn't Smart render AVCHD, to be honest it's better this way providing you have a good output format as Smart rendering AVCHD isn't always reliable or glitch free.

I'll put up the application once finished.

720p is a very good compromise currently. I know what you are getting at regarding the WD live player. I think we need to wait for media players sporting AVCHD 2.0 to guarantee proper playback of 1080/50p footage.

Regards

Phil
Old August 27th, 2011, 04:31 AM   #18
Major Player

Hi

Some of the newer Sony Blu-ray players now have firmware updates to support AVCHD 2.0.

I think the trend will be those Blu-ray players that are 3D capable will get upgrades as they have the processing power available, older 2D models probably not.

Regards

Phil
Phil Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #19
Inner Circle

TM900 - Adobe CS 5.5 for Editing the 50p Files?

I've just decided to buy CS5.5 Production Premium for my Mac Pro and get to know it as I slowly wind down use of Final Cut Studio 2 for my professional video work (mainly XDCAM EX and 7D workflow) and switch to something I'm happy to use going forward knowing it'll be properly supported/have the professional features I need. FCPX certainly does not!

Anyone know if Adobe CS5.5 Production Premium will handle the TM900 1080p50 28Mbps AVCHD 2 format files yet? (FCP6 certainly won't). I have Vegas 9E on a Windows 7 Core i7 box that does really well but I'm hoping I can easily mix XDCAM EX, 7D and TM900 clips all on one platform/NLE in the not too distant future, if only to save some round tripping between computers etc.

Cheers!
Old September 6th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #20
Major Player

Prem CS5.5 has a preset for 1080/50p, so no problem there. You will need one of the Adobe accredited graphics cards fitted to unleash the power of the Mercury playback engine. You can however save a fortune by using much cheaper cards, with a simple, and apparently very safe hack. info here. http://www.studio1productions.com/Ar...remiereCS5.htm

Last edited by Colin Rowe; September 6th, 2011 at 06:37 PM.
Colin Rowe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders