Ag-hmc70 / ag-hmc80 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old April 30th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Ag-hmc70 / ag-hmc80

Hello,

I am looking at the possibility of buying an AG-HMC80 but before I pay $2000 for a camera I have never seen or used, I was thinking about buying the HMC70 as a few of them are going for very cheap. Just wondering if the HMC70 is similar enough to the HMC80 for this purpose or are they completely different? Would this be a good idea?

I know the HMC80 is basically the HMC40 in a shoulder mount, but more interested in the ergonomics of the camera rather than the quality as I have used the HMC40.

Thanks
Mark
Mark Chafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Ag-hmc70 / ag-hmc80

Hi Mark

Go for an HMC80 It has the same sensors as the 40 but really nice manual controls!!! The nicest feature without a doubt is the LCD built into the EVF so you get a HUGE viewfinder...AFAIK only the HMC80 and Sony EX3 have this feature!!!

I had a pair of 70's and a pair of 80's and both work well!!! The thing that's really neat about them is that you can do virtually everything during a shoot without having to go into menus or use touchscreens....Just remember they are only 1/4" chips but they work really well....another really great feature is the built-in ND filters so you can really just shoot and forget!!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders