Intelligent contrast, lower resolution? at

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old May 1st, 2012, 12:46 PM   #1
Major Player
Intelligent contrast, lower resolution?

Just got a TM600 and so far pretty impressed by this little thing. I always thougt that my Canon XH-A1 was sharp but I have to admit that the TM900 definately is sharper. I still like the picture from my Canon and it has more professional controls, but it will probably be used less frequent than before.

A little question. Intelligent Contrast (IC), it feels as if it lowers the resolution a little, is that correct or is it just an imagination? Users of the TM900, are you consider the Intelligent Contrast usable or something to stay away from? I sometimes find the picture too dark, but activating the IC gives a brighter image. I've also set exposure to -3 to get the IC not to overexpose highlights too much. Checking a waveform monitor in post, it seems as it changes the gamma settings, setting exposure for both highlights and dark areas more to the middle.

Bo Sundvall is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders