DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/)
-   -   AC-130 Color temp display (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-avccam-camcorders/507885-ac-130-color-temp-display.html)

Scott Hutchcroft May 18th, 2012 11:38 AM

AC-130 Color temp display

OK, this is not a major issue, but need some help finding a display function (if one even exists). When white balancing on my AC-130. I set it to channel "A" and press the white balance button on the front of the camera. Ta-Dah... it gives me an accurate white balance but it does not display a numerical value for the color temp, it just says "AWB ok Ach". But when I put the camera in preset and switch to the "variable" function so as to manually select a color temp it displays a numerical value on the screen "5.6k, 3.4k, etc. Does anyone know how to get those numerical values to display when not in "variable" preset mode? BTW channel A is not set to "Auto Trace White" or ATW. I have reserved that for channel B.

Eric Olson May 18th, 2012 06:30 PM

Re: AC-130 Color temp display

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Hutchcroft (Post 1733963)
it gives me an accurate white balance but it does not display a numerical value for the color temp, it just says "AWB ok Ach".

Does the white balance button only set the temperature?

Scott Hutchcroft May 18th, 2012 06:42 PM

I believe so. It's your standard white balance button on the front of the cam. Press it once and get the camera to white balance on properly exposed white. Hold it down and it gives you a black balance. 3200k and 5600k are color temps right? or am I using the wrong term. I just want it to display those values when I white balance. My EX3 does it and so does most any other camera I have used.

Dave Rochelle May 25th, 2012 06:49 AM

Scott - I'm having the exact same difficulty with this camera and I think it's by design that it simply does not display the color temp reading (and yes, you're right - 3200k is generally incandescent and 5600k is generally daylight balance). I love that you can dial in the exact temp you want in VAR setting, but it's a little infuriating to not know for sure what the reading is when you let the camera execute one. I find the same thing in my AF100.

I've had these cameras just about a week, so I'm still hopeful there's a way to 'fix' this, but I'm not finding it.

Scott Hutchcroft September 19th, 2012 03:22 PM

Just upgraded my AC130 to an AC130a via the Secaucus NJ service center. It was a pain and you wouldn't believe how few people actually work there. Anyway the upgrade when its all said and done cost $542.00 with shipping and labor and that doesn't include $130 to have it fully insured for the shipping to NJ. The new focus feature is screaming fast and pretty F'n sweet. Way faster and more accurate than even on my EX3. So when this was all going on I spoke to the technician about the color temp issue. He said that there is no way to make it display. It just isn't an option. Nor is it an option in the upgrade to the 130a. Oh well.