AC90 Sample Footage - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old December 3rd, 2012, 09:59 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: AC90 Sample Footage

that would be great Tim, thx for your efforts.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 02:15 AM   #17
Inner Circle

I found some footage from a wedding done with the camera:
The indoor stuff looks great but I don't like what I see outdoors.

Old December 4th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #18
Major Player

Here's a short video of the game footage. I made a quick one for one of our players that broke the all time scoring record at our high school.

I'll try and get some of it up on Vimeo soon as I can.

Robert Hubbs - Flying Dunk - YouTube

This kid has already signed with the University of Tennessee Volunteers
Old December 4th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #19
Major Player

[QUOTE=Noa Put;1766257]I found some footage from a wedding done with the camera:
The indoor stuff looks great but I don't like what I see outdoors.

I'm not at my editing monitor but on work monitor so I can'r t say for sure. I wonder if there was any color correction done. In some or the outside stuff the sky looks greenish, in other shots more blue.

I do know in that sun if an nd filter was not used, it would be hard to get it right. I have my irish level set to -10 on all scene files but one also.
Old December 4th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Hi Tim

Were you not shooting a wedding on last Saturday??? Did you use the AC-90 ?? I'm itching to see if it handles weddings well or not??

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #21
Major Player

My next wedding is Dec 15th. I can't wait to give it a go.

I can't see the 90 doing bad. At the basketball game I was real impressed with how fast and seemless the auto iris/gain works. I think it's going to be a run and gun dream to use if the images look good. I can't even begain to imagine following a bride in from outside to inside and not have to touch one button......well maybe WB.....that would be fantastic.
Old December 4th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Hi Tim

If you inside the venue simply let the cam do an AWT on a nice white tablecloth and it will be balanced for the interior and compensate for the external light too. I'm assuming it works the same way as the HMC's??? That's the way I do bridal entry from outdoors to indoors and it works fine. The AWT in auto just needs around 10 seconds to sample and it will get the lighting right...I seldom need to do a manual WB!!

Looking forward to seeing how it handles a wedding...Is the ceremony in a Church or outdoors...My AWT of the AC-130's was very poor but my HMC's in full auto are deadly accurate!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 07:29 AM   #23
Major Player

The wedding is indoors. The ATW on the 90 seems accurate but it will shift which can be noticed....but it also has ATW lock, which I like very well.
Old December 5th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #24
Inner Circle

I think every camera will have a shifting WB if you leave it in auto, what is this atw lock? Is it a in- or outdoor preset?

There was one thing I wanted to ask as well, does the ac90 has the synchro scan function to eliminate flicker that you see on monitors or banding that certain led lights cause?
Old December 5th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #25
Major Player

ATW lock is really cool. After you set ATW, if you push ATW button again it will lock on that WB setting. I see this being useful at receptions when there are bands or DJ's that have different color lights. Lock will keep ATW from shifting once it's set. Only bad thing is you lose it when the cam is turned off.

Haven't seen anything in menu about "synchro scan"

Have you already downloaded the pdf manual?
Old December 5th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #26
Inner Circle

Do you know what the download link is for the manual? Synchro scan is a feature that's usually on a bit higher end models, I guess the 130 and 160 should have that but the 90 fals a bit between consumer and semi-pro so it could be they left it out.
Old December 5th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #27
Major Player

Manual - Panasonic AG-AC90 - AVCCAM Solid-State Camcorders
Old December 5th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #28
Inner Circle

Thx! But it doesn't seem to have that, there is a small part referring to the banding issue and they just state to switch either to 1/50 or 1/100 while clear scan allows you to dial in with much smaller increments. Me no like.

What worries me most when doing events is that LED light is being used more and more and those can cause serious banding in your image (dark grey lines moving from top to bottom of your screen.) I Had this issue at a wedding a few months ago where all the venue's light where small led spots and setting the camera at 1/60th shutter didn't help (tried several shutter speeds but none solved the issue), eventhough I was not able to test it I"m almost sure with clear scan you can make the banding disappear. The footage I got then at a reception looked quite bad and the banding is not possible to remove.

I encountered it a few times as well when the DJ have led lights but then only the dancefloor is affected. Will have to think real hard what to do now :)
Old December 5th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #29
Major Player

My on cam light is led, will that cause the banding. I could do some testing if you think it will.

I've only encountered banding with flourescent lights.
Old December 5th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #30
Major Player

Noa, here's the test I did with some white cars in sun and shade. Not sure if this is anything you were wanting to see or not.

Scene settings were Detal Level -2, V Detail -2, Coring +2, M Ped -2, Auto Iris -8, Gamma Cine-Like V, Matrix Cine-Like, everything else 0.

Had to upload to youtube, only 1 HD video a week on Vimeo.

white - YouTube

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders