HC-V500 HD Writer Software at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old December 28th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #1
Tourist

HC-V500 HD Writer Software

Hi all.

First time here.

I may not be in the right catagory but couldnt find my unit in here.

Just recieved a HC-V500 Camcorder and tried installing the HD Writer AE 4.0 software several times but no luck, hoping someone here has some knowledge on this software,

I'm logged as administrator, have removed Eset firewall/virus protection but after loading I keep getting.......

AutoStart_HDW_3mos
Acess Denied

Thanks for your help

Roy
Roy Carmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #2
Tourist

Re: HC-V500 HD Writer Software

Btw I failed to mention...running Win7 pro 64

Roy
Roy Carmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Roy

To be honest on all my Panny's, the original disks are still in their sealed packages...I simply have an SDHC card reader (my internal ones cost less than $20) and I pull the card from the camera and just copy the contents. Whatever you are using for editing should also show thumbnails of the clips.

If you are intent on using the internal memory then if you plug in a USB cable and turn on the camera, more than likely Win7 64 will detect it anyway...however cards are a whole lot easier!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #4
Trustee

You should open the package then because the HD Writer software includes a player that is FAR better than using vlc or wmp for smooth, stutter free playback. It also does uber clean, quick edits because it smart renders only a few frames around the edit points, while stream copying the rest without molesting or re-encoding, thus preserving the native quality losslessly. Of course that only works if you are not grading the footage, which is the reason I suppose they include it with the consumer cameras, and not the prosumer like my AC90. Unfortunately, HD Writer is protected software that only works with the Panasonic camera it shipped with.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders