AC-90 date/time stamp? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old March 16th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #1
New Boot

AC-90 date/time stamp?

For the benefit of those of us who need a viewable date/time stamp superimposed during the recording process;

Can anyone state if Panny's software "AVCCAM viewer" has an option to read the date/time meta data and allow it to be "superimposed" onto the video during the transfer process? Similar to to using the vATS software solution without the added precessing step.

I can appreciate the fact that 96% of the folks don't need or use a viewable stamp but it has become increasingly difficult to find an affordable camera that still offers this feature from any of the three major players. I guess I find it very disheartening to see a camera such as the AC-90 with all that it offers and Panasonic comes up short with what should be a basic feature.
Carl Sobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: AC-90 date/time stamp?

I think this was mentioned a lot in this link

AC160 Panasonic Ag AC-90

People wanted to use it for legal work etc
Phil Gadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #3
New Boot

Thank you Phil, I appreciate the info. My original question may have been lost in my commentary so let me rephrase it;

"Does anyone know if Panny's software -"AVCCAM viewer"- has an option to read the date/time meta data and allow it to be "superimposed" onto the video during the transfer process?"

I may have misunderstood the function of the Panasonic viewer utility, I was under the impression that one has to use it to link the files together in a similar fashion that the Sony content management utility performs with its files during the transfer process.

Since no one has made mention of this feature, my guess would be no, it does not have that capability.
Carl Sobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 07:54 AM   #4
New Boot

Since the AC90 isn't capable of placing the running date time stamp on the video, I saw this software AVCHD Time Stamp and I installed the trial version.

The vATS program works. I used an old .mts file that I shot in 2008 from a Canon HF100. Render time for this 50 second video took about 2 minutes, and I output the file as .wmv and not .mts on this test. You can output the file as a wmv or mts file. Unfortunately, both youtube and vimeo rejected the .wmv file when uploaded. So I converted the wmv file to an h264 file. But the .wmv file plays just fine on my computers.

Here's the sample video that I used - Password = time&date
Tony McCall is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders