Panasonic Zoom Focus Controller - Page 2 at

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old July 17th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #16
Re: Panasonic Zoom Focus Controller

Mike, I mount the ProZoom on the side, so the Iris knob is facing up. This way I can roll my thumb on it.

So far I am please with mine. I didn't want a rocker type because I don't have as fine as control. The rocker would only move so far, where the rotary dial moves around 270 degrees, which give me better access to the slower speeds.

Hey I like your videos at your link.

Tom Wilson II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 02:50 AM   #17
Re: Panasonic Zoom Focus Controller

Glad you like the videos Tom. Everything from 2013 was shot with the AC130, I'm getting happier with it as time goes on. I don't cope very well in bright sunlight, we don't get enough of that for me to practice!

I hadn't thought of mounting the device sideways, that makes sense. I still prefer the zoom rocker, it feels more natural, similar to the rocker on the camera itself. Plus all the pros use rocker remotes (albeit much more expensive) so I reckon they must be like that for a reason.

The ProZoom is really good at long, constant, very slow zooms. For me, it fell down when I needed to adjust that mid-zoom, I tended to overshoot. Also, I always seemed to forget I'd not left it centred and would have a bit of a fumble when I needed to zoom in a different direction. I guess you can't teach some old dogs new tricks.

I'm not knocking the ProZoom device, I think it's a well made device that functions well, it just depends on what and where you're shooting and what your style and preference is.
Irish Railway Videos on Youtube
Mike Beckett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders