Battery for AC-130 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old April 1st, 2013, 03:18 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Battery for AC-130

Has anyone used these batteries in an AC-130?

VW-VBG6 Panasonic Compatible Li-Ion Battery | L.A. Color Online

I just got my AC-130 and need a second battery. I don't particularly want to pay $130 for another Panasonic battery unless I have to. I got a generic battery from the same place for my XH-A1 a while back and it works great and lasts a long time, but I figured I might as well check to see if anyone has experience with this particular battery before I buy one.
Doug Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Battery for AC-130

That looks a lot like the Lenmar batteries I tried. I can tell by the ribbing on te side. Run away from them, NOT reliable at all! Mine would not take/hold a charge. Neither was recognized by my AC160, and one of my HMC150's came back with a "remove defective battery" message.
I'd just stick with the Panasonic batteries, more reliable and you won't get the feeling that you've just wasted all that money on something that may not even work when you need it most.
Steve Wolla is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders