Question to anyone that owns the Panasonic AG-AC90? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old September 13th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Question to anyone that owns the Panasonic AG-AC90?

I have just purchased the Panasonic AG-AC90 and have a question I need answered. It has to deal with the AV cable that comes with the camera. When I plug in the AV to the AV section in the camera it won't put out a signal to be able to stream something from the camera. The only way I can stream anything is to use the HDMI part of the camera. Is there some setting I am missing as to why it won't stream out from the AV plug when I am recording? Thanks.
Scott Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Question to anyone that owns the Panasonic AG-AC90?

You need to switch from component output to AV output in the settings, I can't remember where maybe SWITCH/DISPLAY.
Matthew Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Yeah, I found the setting. It was just hiding from me.
Scott Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #4
Regular Crew

So what you think of the AC90? I'm looking to buy a new camera and upgrade from my 2 x TM900 for a pair of AC90. I shoot a lot of youth sports, so the only thing I yearn for in this camera is a 20x zoom.
Tony Maceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 08:04 AM   #5
Major Player

I'm interested in the answer to this question as well. I am a TM900 guy with a 20x zoom looking seriously at the 12x zoom AC90.

But now that Canon has finally come around on 1080/60p, I'm also looking at the Canon XA20 for its 20x zoom.

I wonder what Panasonic was thinking when they gave the AC90 a shorter zoom range than their consumer cameras.

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution
Bill Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #6
Regular Crew

The thing that I have found is that you can increase the zoom through a setting in the menu. It has not taken away from the quality of the video as I can see. It has been a very nice camera and I like it very much. You will have the option of 1080 60p if you so choose and this I have found to be good for fast action. It sucks up the SD cards pretty fast though and it really slows down the rendering but it is almost a surreal picture on a nice monitor that's for sure.
Scott Holt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders