Problem loading Scene Files to AG-AC160A at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old June 22nd, 2015, 06:58 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Problem loading Scene Files to AG-AC160A

I have Barry's AG160 & AC130 CD.

I reset the Scene files in the camera to default, and I see a blank name for "F1" as expected.

I formatted an SD and loaded FILM LK2 from Barrys AC160 & AC130 CD

At F1 I see Scene: Filmic.

This proves to me I am able to read the SD and load the Scene file I want. So far so good.

PROBLEM
The data that displays in the camera is NOT the same as on the .txt file.

Where on the txt file it shows 24 : Master Ped, when I view the loaded Scene in the camera it shows -8

2nd example: Detail Level shows as 11 on the txt file, once loaded it shows as +1

I went thru all of this 3 years ago when I bought the camera and had no problems. Obviously I am doing something wrong.
Karl Walter Keirstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2015, 04:33 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Problem loading Scene Files to AG-AC160A

Hi

There is a problem here. You can't use the numbers from the text file. Check the manual. Detail level goes from -7 to +7, Master Pedestal goes from -15 to +15.

On Panasonics web site, you could earlier download examples of scene files, don't know if they exist any longer. In those scene file examples, the values seemd to be from the HMC-series, as the values were different from the possible values on the camcorder. These scen file settings was not usable.

Perhaps something is wrong with Barry Greens settings so you have to translate them to the AG-AC160.

Regards,

/Bo
Bo Sundvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2015, 11:48 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Agree there seems to be something wrong with the settings on the AG-AC130/160 book CD.

I want to try FILMIC and, as you say, the range is -15 to +15 but the CD is asking for a setting for Master Pedestal at 24.

My cam model is 160P and I loaded the 24 files from the CD into a spreadsheet so I could cross compare easily.
Karl Walter Keirstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2015, 02:33 PM   #4
Barry Wan Kenobi

Actually, there is no problem -- just a misunderstanding.

The values in the scene file .TXT file are correct, for the camera's interpretation. But no, they are not going to look logical when pasted into a spreadsheet. For example -- when a menu item has a range of -7 to +7, and the scene file has a setting of "0" in it, you won't see "0" in the text file. You'll see 8. Because the text file doesn't use negative numbers, so ... if the value in the scene file was, say, -6, you'd see "1" in the text file (or pasted to the spreadsheet). If the value was -7, you'd see "0". If the value was +7, you'd see "15".

The text files are not meant to be interpreted by humans, they're meant to be interpreted by the camera. When loaded by the camera, the settings are correct.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2015, 07:38 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Great. sorts out a big problem..

Thank you for the clarification.
Karl Walter Keirstead is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders